• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS (Fivaz & Stanton) #s On NGC Labels
1 1

8 posts in this topic

If you submit the coin for Variety Plus services and pay the appropriate fee, then NGC will include the FS number on the label if it is a well known variety and they accept the FS number for the specific variety. I have several slabs graded with the appropriate FS number on them. Here is just one of them. You can check your coin in Variety Plus before submitting it to see what numbers they recognize for a specific variety. Note, NGC does not accept all of the numbers you may find on sites like Wexlers or from the Cherrypickers Guide.

IMG_20170507_081551.jpg

On 3/22/2024 at 5:26 PM, powermad5000 said:

If you submit the coin for Variety Plus services and pay the appropriate fee, then NGC will include the FS number on the label if it is a well known variety and they accept the FS number for the specific variety. I have several slabs graded with the appropriate FS number on them. Here is just one of them. You can check your coin in Variety Plus before submitting it to see what numbers they recognize for a specific variety. Note, NGC does not accept all of the numbers you may find on sites like Wexlers or from the Cherrypickers Guide.

IMG_20170507_081551.jpg

Will they accept this one.  Where is the list of the ones they accept?

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 5.33.26 PM.png

VarietyPlus is described as "a comprehensive guide of NGC recognized varieties".  NGC will attribute "all varieties listed in the VarietyPlus catalog", which includes "most Cherrypicker varieties by FS numbers". Variety vs. Mint Error | NGC (ngccoin.com).  As this "Speared Eagle" variety is listed on VarietyPlus, NGC will attribute it as "Speared Eagle". In my experience, the label would also include the FS number, but if this is very important to you, you may want to check with NGC Customer Service or on the "Ask NGC/NCS forum.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, Sandon said:

VarietyPlus is described as "a comprehensive guide of NGC recognized varieties".  NGC will attribute "all varieties listed in the VarietyPlus catalog", which includes "most Cherrypicker varieties by FS numbers". Variety vs. Mint Error | NGC (ngccoin.com).  As this "Speared Eagle" variety is listed on VarietyPlus, NGC will attribute it as "Speared Eagle". In my experience, the label would also include the FS number, but if this is very important to you, you may want to check with NGC Customer Service or on the "Ask NGC/NCS forum.

Yes, it's very important to me.  I would like FS-901 put on this label.  I'll contact customer service.

thumbnail copy 2.png

On 3/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Interesting... how do they decide which is the obverse and reverse sides without a date? Or is the denomination next in line?

You're a very insightful guy aren't you.  Like a said; go haunt someone else's thread.  Do yourself a favor and stay off mine!

image002.jpg.f2dfbf7d9ab52aa37b78c3430c86673b.jpg

On 3/22/2024 at 9:12 PM, tj96 said:

You're a very insightful guy aren't you.  Like a said; go haunt someone else's thread.  Do yourself a favor and stay off mine!

image002.jpg.f2dfbf7d9ab52aa37b78c3430c86673b.jpg

If you wish to not have Henri C comment on your posts, you should ignore him, problem solved. However, your last comment makes you look like the bad guy, IMHO.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:41 PM, jimbo27 said:

If you wish to not have Henri C comment on your posts, you should ignore him, problem solved. However, your last comment makes you look like the bad guy, IMHO.

...very thoughtful suggestion but he is more like a STD all the normal remedies dont work...its like dry rot u have to just cut it out...but there is hope on the horizon, all in time....