• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 d steel cent d/d ddo/ddr
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Would you submit this coin for grading? If yes, what is the real potential value because I've seen several different values and it can be confusing. Thank you for your feedback.IMG_20240305_122507(1)2.thumb.jpg.8cabe435a397a57f78dff555a2c79489.jpgIMG_20240305_1226442.thumb.jpg.9b8a6eea1be4c4769b910f5ad2082ca7.jpg

No , I can buy these at any coin shop in perfect shape for $1.00

This 1943-D cent is circulated (Extremely Fine or so) and appears to have been "cleaned". Even if not "cleaned", its retail (dealer sell) list value would only be 55 cents.  See Lincoln Cents, Wheat Reverse (1909-1958) | Price Guide & Values | NGC (ngccoin.com). Please see my replies to your other topics.

If you think that this coin was struck from a doubled die, please submit close-ups of the areas you believe show die doubling.  I can see none in the current photos.

Edited by Sandon
added re: doubled die

Please, listen to the folks here; and STOP watching those lying U-tube coin videos.

This 1943-D cent, like the 1943 you posted, is worth 1-cent.

On 3/11/2024 at 12:13 PM, RWB said:

Please, listen to the folks here; and STOP watching those lying U-tube coin videos.

This 1943-D cent, like the 1943 you posted, is worth 1-cent.

NCV - no collector value

This cent has a level of corrosion beginning on the obverse. Being that choice examples of these steel cents are readily available, this coin should not be submitted. 

What "doubling" you may be seeing on this cent is only minor strike/mechanical doubling. It is not a DDO or DDR.