• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 p ddr (one cent) zinc penny rd
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Would you submit this penny to NGC for grading ? If yes, what is the real potential value  because I've seen all sorts of values on this coin and it is confusing to me.IMG_20240306_1636582.thumb.jpg.6c61f8f269320a97dda31950b153d55b.jpg

IMG_20240306_163552~2.jpg

Please review my reply to your topic about the 1982-D small date zinc cent.  No, this 1983 cent would not be worth any amount remotely approaching what it would cost to submit it to NGC.  Submitting coins to grading services is the last thing a new collector should be thinking about. First, you must acquire substantial knowledge of how to grade and otherwise evaluate coins yourself.  Please refer to the following forum topics for trustworthy print and online resources from which you may acquire such knowledge:

Your education will also require attendance at such venues as coin shows and shops and coin club meetings, where you can examine a variety of coins and speak with knowledgeable collectors and dealers.

Lincoln's face is heavily damaged. I also do not see any doubling on this cent. Definitely would not submit this and its value is face value.