• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just an odd NGC Inquiry
1 1

2 posts in this topic

A conversation occurred between members bantering back and forth about what site(s) actually grade the coins.  My question is, if it is allowed to be public knowledge, at which sites does the grading of coins actually occur?  In all facility sites, office sites, and/or submission sites?  I figured that it would be public knowledge and listed on the website, but I was unable to find anything explicitly indicating where the grading occurs.  The closest I came to obtaining concrete evidence was through a bio of a grader for NGC: (GRADER).  "GRADER has also graded at NGC on-site in the United States, Germany and China."  This I am assuming indicates that this individual has spent time supervising/finalizing/grading coins at these locations.  Sadly, that is my inquiry.  I appreciate your time and apologize for wasting it. 

I pulled this excerpt from the NGC site:

"...NGC's headquarters is a 60,000-square-foot, purpose-built facility in Sarasota, Florida, USA. NGC also has a 15,000-square-foot, purpose-built facility in Shanghai, China, as well as offices in Hong Kong, China; Munich, Germany; and London, United Kingdom. NGC has Official Submission Centers in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Xi'an and Zhejiang, China; Seoul, Korea; Singapore; IJsselstein, the Netherlands; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Bangkok, Thailand; and Tokyo, Japan."

• Administrator

Hello @cobymordet, thank you for contacting us. Grading only takes place at our Sarasota headquarters. The only time grading may take place in other countries is for on-site grading events. Hope this helps!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!