• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home Rolls 3
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I got another batch to look at. I will post any sweet ones if I find any.  

Home Rolls 4.jpg

Edited by J P M

One question:  Did they ever catch the guy who blackened the steps on the '77 Jeff?   🤣

Couple of nice ones there, JP, happy hunting! Funny thing I have nearly completed my nickels album and discovered that I was missing the 2004 D Keelboat from the album so I paid a ridiculous $1.60 for it free shipping. Lol 😆 

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5804.jpeg

That is the last of the nickels. Nothing to write home about here. Too bad the 2009 D was damaged by a roll wrapper machine. On to the cents

S20240221_0010.jpg

S20240221_0011.jpg

S20240222_0001.jpg

S20240222_0002.jpg

S20240222_0003.jpg

S20240222_0004.jpg

S20240222_0006.jpg

S20240222_0005.jpg

Edited by J P M

Just curious, can you not get full coin pics with the scope you use?  If so, do they make a height extension?

On 2/22/2024 at 11:16 AM, EagleRJO said:

Just curious, can you not get full coin pics with the scope you use?  If so, do they make a height extension?

This is the best I can do with my microscope (sorry out of focus) @nd one with Iphone 15

IMG_8304.JPG

IMG_8307.jpg

I have an extender for my scope which allows me to get full images of even larger silver dollars.  I'm assuming JPM doesn’t have that if those are scope images.

My digital microscope can't take a full image of a coin larger than a nickel on its stand, so I place it on a stack of books of necessary height to capture larger coins.  The scope has a broad range of focus and was marketed as being able to photograph coins, so I don't know why it was equipped with such a short stand.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:44 PM, Sandon said:

My digital microscope can't take a full image of a coin larger than a nickel on its stand, so I place it on a stack of books of necessary height to capture larger coins.  The scope has a broad range of focus and was marketed as being able to photograph coins, so I don't know why it was equipped with such a short stand.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:16 AM, EagleRJO said:

Yes, it is maxed out of height in the stand when shooting a nickel. When I am just doing quick shots, it is just easier to click and post. I can focus and hold it by hand if need be or as Sandon said put it up on something. I think it is made this way to fit in the travel case. I take it with me when I am on the road. It takes nice shots with a very true to life color.  

Travel Camera.jpg

Edited by J P M

On 2/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, J P M said:

Yes, it is maxed out of height in the stand when shooting a nickel.

I was able to get a 5-inch "extension tube" for my scope stand which might be worth looking into if they even make that for your scope as I like the images that the scope can capture.

Scope Tube Extender.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

On 2/22/2024 at 5:54 PM, EagleRJO said:

I was able to get a 5-inch "extension tube" for my scope stand which might be worth looking into if they even make that for your scope as I like the images that the scope can capture.

Scope Tube Extender.jpg

I could make something like that out of a 1/2 in nipple, I guess.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:07 PM, J P M said:

I could make something like that out of a 1/2 in nipple, I guess.

Spoken like a true electrician! xD

Love me these home rolls! YUM!!! lol

It is a shame on the 2009...they are hard enough to find in circulation but then to see that is like a kick in the pants.