2023 D Eleanor Roosevelt quarter
1 1

10 posts in this topic

The coin above appears to be DDR north. There are clear serifs showing north of the doubled devices. I am not able to find an attributed 2023 Eleanore Roosevelt quarter but there may be a newer CONECA attribution that matches this coin. As of now NGC does not recognize or attribute this coin as a DDR but they may in the future. You may want to have this coin attributed at CONECA. Join the organization and have your coin examined. If it is a match to any recently found errors, then it will be attributed with a letter from CONECA. If it is a new attribution, they will recognize you for it and you will get the credit for the first discovery. Good luck.

Edited by Mike Meenderink
ADD

Do have the coneca forums. But never emailed to get activated for posts.. guessing that may take a day or two. 

Much appreciated gonna try to get that going!

I'm hopeful... Maybe this will be my day 

Edited by Kerrykz

On 2/20/2024 at 10:50 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

The coin above appears to be DDO north

I think you mean DDR.  I also see some notching, particularly visible at the "M" in "America", and agree it would be worth posting to the CONECA forum.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, Kerrykz said:

I've heard notched dbling and I've also heard incused md

I'm not sure what you mean by "incused md [machine doubling]", as doubling would be raised not incuse, unless you mean it's lower or step-like doubling with the coin in-hand.  Look to see if this doubling visible is at the same level at the primary elements, indicative of true hub doubling like that shown in the attached infographic.

Errors - Doubled Die Graphic.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

On 2/20/2024 at 12:56 PM, EagleRJO said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "incused md [machine doubling]"

Most of the devices on the new quarters would be incuse. 

On 2/20/2024 at 9:52 AM, Kerrykz said:

I've heard notched dbling and I've also heard incused md

Have you also turned the coin and looked at it on a angle. if you are using a scope with multiple led lights, it will cast shadows of doubles.

From what I see, I see extra thickness, and I see secondary design elements at the same level as the primary design elements. I think this may be a legit DDR. I also think it would be worth the effort to contact CONECA in regards to this coin and provide them with whatever they need to assess what is present on this coin.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:01 PM, J P M said:

Most of the devices on the new quarters would be incuse. 

The doubled lettering posted and which I was noting, including some of the letters in "America" and "Dollar", are raised which is why I was asking about the op's reference to "incuse md".

I didn't know anything about incused anything when I first wrote this and was repeating what someone else had written on a different site.  I posted on CONECA. But have yet to get a response