• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of questions on NGC slabbed coins
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am new to purchasing coins that are slabbed and have a couple of basic questions to ensure I am purchasing legitimate coins:

• When I put an NGC slabbed coin in my Registry, should I always have a picture come up that allows me to see and compare it with what I purchased?  I have registered 5 coins and that is what happened.  I just now registered 2 NGC slabbed coins, a 2020-Mo 1 Onza Libertad MS70 and a 2022-Mo 1 Ounce Libertad and neither had pictures.
  • I want to weigh the coins and compare the coin weight I should expect, but I don't know where I can find the weight of the slab to make an adjustment.  Is there a place that has that information?
  • Are there any other NGC slab-specific things I should consider as part of the verification process?

Thanks,

Tim

Most slabs don't have photos uploaded.

I would suggest a resistance tester or someone familiar with the coin if you doubt their authentic vs cracking the slab.

@Jason T--Welcome to the NGC chat board. This topic is a duplicate of one posted on the (more appropriate) Newbie Coin Collecting Questions forum, where replies were posted by several forum members. Go to https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/432705-questions-about-verifying-an-ngc-slabbed-purchase.