• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 silver eagle..slightly off center
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I will be sending my 2024 silver eagle to get graded. .its a beautiful error..bottom rim or collar is flat from.her foot to almost the sun ..and the finish looks satin ... 

On 1/28/2024 at 7:54 AM, Tonywg43 said:

I will be sending my 2024 silver eagle to get graded. .its a beautiful error..bottom rim or collar is flat from.her foot to almost the sun ..and the finish looks satin ... 

It would be nice to see both sides of your coin if you want some opinions. 

I can't figure out how to add the photos yet.. seriously.. I am a new member soooo it might be a bit before I can post the photos..hang with me because I am very proud of this lucky ..to me.. the coin shop I got it at when they came in ...opened a new tube in front of me and it was in it.. it was too late then I claimed it ..

I will try to send pictures..or go to my Facebook..and somehow contact me .I could show them .. its really a beautiful authentic..error..2024 date is way down on the very edge..ubut it's the rim or collar shape that's got me loving it..

On 1/28/2024 at 8:28 AM, Tonywg43 said:

I can't figure out how to add the photos yet.. seriously 

Drag and drop the photos to a reply window. JPGs work well.

In order to be considered "off center", the coin would have to show an area of unstruck (blank) planchet on both sides.  If it appears "slightly off center" on only one side, the cause would be a misaligned die, which is generally regarded as a quality control issue rather than a mint error and not considered worth a premium by knowledgeable collectors or attributable by grading services. 

On 1/28/2024 at 11:41 AM, Sandon said:

which is generally regarded as a quality control issue rather than a mint error

MAD is considered a mint error if a portion or portions of the design elements are missing as in the nickel I am posting here in my reply. Slight misaligned dies where maybe just a small portion of the rim is missing is considered a quality control issue. Off center strikes need to be at least 5% off center to be considered an error. Otherwise an off center strike of less than 5% is just considered poor quality control.

I simply cannot comment on the OP's coin without any photos to go off of.

PXL_20231214_185829619.jpg

PXL_20231214_185856921.jpg

On 1/28/2024 at 12:34 PM, RWB said:

Drag and drop the photos to a reply window. JPGs work well.

Or at the bottom of a post, just below where you type, go to where there is a paper clip symbol and it says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files ..." and click on the underlined "choose files".  That will open a pop up window for you to find and select the images you want to attach to the post.

I'm done.. it will not let me.. im done ..I'll be sending it in.. but.. some say it's just a trashy new coin.. I call it a beautiful ugly duckling 

On 1/28/2024 at 10:05 PM, Tonywg43 said:

I'm done.. it will not let me.. im done ..I'll be sending it in.. but.. some say it's just a trashy new coin.. I call it a beautiful ugly duckling 

Are you sure you want to send it in? You will have a large investment on a coin that will only be worth market value. Unless you find just the right buyer, or you love it and never want to part with it.