• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Quarter Nina Otero Warren
1 1

8 posts in this topic

As dumb as this sounds, does anyone have one where one of her eyes has an eyeball and the other eye blank? I apologize for the ridiculous question. I tried to find any information I could, but found nothing. Just curious, thank you. 

IMG_20240121_075121757~2.jpg

IMG_20240121_075121757.jpg

Edited by Mellogrrl65
Better picture

On 1/21/2024 at 7:53 AM, Mellogrrl65 said:

I apologize for the ridiculous question

Better that you ask questions instead of running around like a 🐔 without a head submitting coins. ;)

On 1/21/2024 at 7:53 AM, Mellogrrl65 said:

one of her eyes has an eyeball and the other eye blank

Could be as JPM indicated, or possibly a hit from a small pointy object as it appears a little crater like with a raised rim.  I'm not sure if that's how it actually is with the coin in-hand.  In either case not something significant.

I see the other eye faintly as well. It could be just some remnants of grease in the die. I do notice the lettering above (STATES OF A) also is a little weak. It is important when assessing a feature of a coin to take into consideration the entire side of the coin as a whole. When making an overall observation, this can sometimes explain some of the smaller things that are getting your attention. 

On 1/21/2024 at 4:11 PM, powermad5000 said:

I see the other eye faintly as well. It could be just some remnants of grease in the die. I do notice the lettering above (STATES OF A) also is a little weak. It is important when assessing a feature of a coin to take into consideration the entire side of the coin as a whole. When making an overall observation, this can sometimes explain some of the smaller things that are getting your attention. 

That's true. I agree, I will definitely do that next time, if there is one. Thank you 🙃