• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 D Penny. Found roll hunting.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

1962 D great condition Penny. Found in used rolls from liquor store. Not sure if there’s anymore to it. Such as DDO or anything. Please let me know what you think you see and your opinion of condition and possible grading level.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see no listing for a 1962 D in NGC Variety Plus so if there is any condition with that (I can't tell from the provided photo), I would think it would be of the lesser so it would not command any kind of premium.

That said, I am looking at a high end AU RB cent which is listed in the NGC price guide at $0.05. While the steps on the reverse are lets just say ok, the vertical columns for the most part are not showing any of the vertical flutes (I believe they are called which are the vertical lines running up the sides of each column). On Lincoln Memorial Cents, I believe there are three visible flutes per column which are only showing on the column furthest to the right on your cent. Lincoln's hair, beard, and cheekbone look to have light wear as well.  

Good looking cent. Nice find for a coin folder. It will stand out amongst the dark brown ones. (thumbsu

Large numbers of mint bags and rolls of cents were saved by collectors, dealers, and speculators during the "BU roll craze" of the early to mid 1960s, so dates like the 1962-D remain extremely common today in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. A fifty-coin BU roll can still be purchased for a few dollars. 

This coin has light friction or "rub" on the high points as noted and has nominal collector value but is suitable for an album collection of cents taken from circulation.