• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie’s Questions Forum
1 1

3 posts in this topic

-MOMENT OF REFLECTION-

Newbie & experts-.

"Where you are a professional I am a novice. Where I am a professional you are a novice"

It is common, normal and exist. As has happened to me and happens, we focus so much on our work that we lose sight of important things, so we begin to mistakenly believe that they are not. Among of them the newbies-beginners. (Are annoying, a waste of time, non-belonging, a threat to my job). 

In the coin collecting profession this symptom is everywhere, derived from the money symptom.

"The story says: When a person wants everything, the day comes when he loses everything."

It is time to reflect, open the doors, make new rich people, share, there is cake for everyone. Review the basic principles. Monopolies have legal consequences. Only one is at the top, one follows it far below, with the fingers of one hand you can count the ones that follow the second. hundreds more in minorities (your data/a country of 350 million people). “As the saying goes: "If I can see it, so can others."

NOT OFFENSE.

Welcome Elcangri482 Yes, it is a tough hobby to jump into. I think you will find there are some who are very seasoned and set in their ways.

Everyone on this site are collectors and volunteer their time to help new members whenever posable. There are times when it can get frustrating when we see the same bad coins day after day.

Do not be too quick to judge those by what you read in type there is no emotion in letters on a screen.  

Edited by J P M

On 1/13/2024 at 5:55 AM, Elcangri482 said:

Among of them the newbies-beginners. (Are annoying, a waste of time, non-belonging, a threat to my job).

Everyone here is a volunteer. And I would say just about every post made in the newbie section gets an answer. Some answers are simple. Some answers are involved. But I would say anyone who comes here will get an honest answer as there is more misleading, incorrect, and dishonest information out there than there is straightforward, correct, and honest information.

If you are reading old posts, you may find some language that seems dismissive. That could come because the person who posts consistently posts damaged coins and fails to avail themselves of the educational materials they get referred to. It could come from the person who posts absolutely believes they have an ultra rare coin when they are told by many members here they do not. Each thread must be viewed as a whole and in the context of the original poster.

And everyone here is welcome unless they disrupt the forums negatively by attacking members here, or continually posting incorrect, inaccurate, or otherwise bad information as these posts can be read worldwide and we are all aware of that.