• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The years of ears of Lincoln (p.2)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Although this is the same topic of conversation as my previous post, this one is for the 2018d variety.  I have 2 coins that have something that doesn't seem to belong at the bottom of the earlobe, but not what matches in the variety listings. 

c.2018d1.O.jpg

c.2018d1.R.jpg

c.2018d1.oc.jpg

Same as your other posting, both look like they have taken hits, the first one.  
displacing some metal. If they do not match the variety listings exactly, then.  
the chances of them being a DDO are pretty small.

Your first one has a hit above the bottom of the ear, but it looks to me like there may be a small die chip at the bottom of the lobe.

Your second cent looks like it took a hit right at the bottom of the lobe that is giving it the appearance of doubling, but once again, it is not at the same height. I think the hit took a little metal off the bottom of the lobe and left a small "shelf".