• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received the balance of my grandfathers coin collection from my father this Xmas...WOW!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2023 at 8:47 PM, Sandon said:

Why do these quarter eagles appear to be silver colored?

He did say they were "washed out."  Not everyone is a crack photographer.  🤣

On 12/25/2023 at 5:47 PM, Sandon said:

They are gold but the pictures were quickly taken with bad light so they look washed out. They aren't particularly brilliantly shiny this is a natural state as they should be.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

I haven't looked through all of it and yes its all raw. Walking, Standing LIbs, Seated Libs,Morgans, Franklins, AU 1928 Peace dollar I saw, other peace dollars, Mercury dimes, Indian head cents, Large cents, half cents, Buffalo nickels, Barber quarters, half's, dimes...and more... then into the early stuff I haven't gotten all of the coins home most I left in my dad's safe. I was given the entire collection, but it will stay where it is until I can secure it properly here. It came out of his safety deposit box at the bank last week. @GoldFinger1969

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 12/25/2023 at 8:31 PM, Henri Charriere said:

He did say they were "washed out."  Not everyone is a crack photographer.  🤣

To this I would add, White Balance / White balancing can be tricky when you don't have a grey / white object in the shot for calibrating on.

On 12/25/2023 at 7:47 PM, Sandon said:

Red wood background.