• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lincoln cent 1955 double die obverse
1 1

17 posts in this topic

According to the Ten Commandments as set forth by member Captainrich, regardless how I feel I must argue vociferously and convincingly that this is a fake... so, sorry, my hands are tied.  🤣

On 12/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I thought Van Dyke when I first saw this and now I can't stop. :insane:

Van Dyke was my first choice, but I thought it may be too old for some members. LoL

Edited by J P M

On 12/24/2023 at 4:24 PM, J P M said:

Van Dyke was my first choice, but I thought it may be too old for some members. LoL

Ha! Hey, he's still kicking around and I think I read that he's on a daytime soap currently. Amazing that he's still that active at his age. :golfclap:

I actually don't have this coin, but there is a seller who wants to sell this coin online and finally I screnshorted it, and I sent this forum to ask numismatic experts

Screenshot_20231226-100426_Shopee.jpg

Screenshot_20231226-100419_Shopee.jpg

Screenshot_20231226-100356_Shopee.jpg

FYI:  1 USD = 15,467 IDR (or Indonesian Rupia or "rp.")

I have nothing against this archipelago nation, its people, culture or religion but a purported error coin from an exotic, off-the-beaten track, location is always a Red Flag.  I am just happy you didn't get involved in this potentially messy international quagmire.

Had the coin depicted been of the caliber of that posted by member Idhair upthread, I would still have my doubts.

I never thought of the problems that fake US coins could create in a different country. Folks there may not be able to spot a fake as easy as those in the US. Even those in the US may not be aware of the changes in dies over the past 100+ years. The look of the OP fake has been around for many years and Lincolns image is really poor.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, ldhair said:

I never thought of the problems that fake US coins could create in a different country. Folks there may not be able to spot a fake as easy as those in the US. Even those in the US may not be aware of the changes in dies over the past 100+ years. The look of the OP fake has been around for many years and Lincolns image is really poor.

[Completely tongue in cheek, so relax.] Not to mention that Lincoln’s image was already sketchy in my newer adopted home state. The Wowah of Northern Aggression. 

Edited by VKurtB