• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrong pictures in certification database
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

Slab 6803724-006 in the certification database has a Peru 1L 1918 MS61 as the obverse picture, and an US $1 1887-O MS61 obverse as the reverse picture.  The Peru 1L picture is correct, the US$ picture is not. 

Additionally, if you search for the number shown on the incorrect US $1 MS61 slab picture in the 6803724-006 listing (shown slabbed as 6822109-001) you get instead what looks like the same US$ coin and with the same 6822109-001 number, but it is in a slab graded MS62 (even though the page text still calls it a MS61).

Something severely messed up here.  Can't help you with figuring out the US$ multiple slab mess up but I can send you a picture of the true reverse of slab 6803724-006, the Peru 1L, if you need it.  Let me know :-)

Ralph

• Administrator

Hello @highway98e, thank you for contacting us and notifying us of this discrepancy! We will have the photos fixed on our NGC Verification page for this invoice shortly (it looks like when they were uploaded, they were offset). This should be updated within the next 1-2 business days.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

On 12/20/2023 at 2:32 AM, highway98e said:

Hello!

Slab 6803724-006 in the certification database has a Peru 1L 1918 MS61 as the obverse picture, and an US $1 1887-O MS61 obverse as the reverse picture.  The Peru 1L picture is correct, the US$ picture is not. 

Additionally, if you search for the number shown on the incorrect US $1 MS61 slab picture in the 6803724-006 listing (shown slabbed as 6822109-001) you get instead what looks like the same US$ coin and with the same 6822109-001 number, but it is in a slab graded MS62 (even though the page text still calls it a MS61).

Something severely messed up here.  Can't help you with figuring out the US$ multiple slab mess up but I can send you a picture of the true reverse of slab 6803724-006, the Peru 1L, if you need it.  Let me know :-)

Ralph

98E, huh? Does that mean between Hattiesburg and Lucedale?

Posted (edited)

Hello  KaileeS!

Thanks for that very fast reply back on Dec 20th, and a belated Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you. 

Unfortunately. as of January 5 this AM this cert database problem has not been fixed :-(

Thanks.  Ralph

Edited by highway98e

On 12/31/2023 at 10:30 AM, Just Bob said:

98E, huh? Does that mean between Hattiesburg and Lucedale?

Hello Just Bob.

Not the right place for your question. This problem ticket / inquiry is still open and live, doesn't need any side track distractions .  Next time maybe use Direct Message?  Thanks.  (fwiw, no, unincorporated area between McComb and Tylertown)

Ralph

On 12/20/2023 at 8:18 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @highway98e, thank you for contacting us and notifying us of this discrepancy! We will have the photos fixed on our NGC Verification page for this invoice shortly (it looks like when they were uploaded, they were offset). This should be updated within the next 1-2 business days.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

Hello!

I'm going to 'reply' here to hopefully bump this message back to the top.  It's been a full month and nothing has been done to repair this problem.  Can we get this database mess-up repaired please?  As per my original report, "Can't help you with figuring out the US$ multiple slab mess up but I can send you a picture of the true reverse of slab 6803724-006, the Peru 1L, if you need it.  Let me know."

Thanks!

Ralph

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6803724-006/61/

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6822109-001/61/

• Administrator

Hello @highway98e, thank you for reaching back out! We are sorry that this image has not yet been corrected. I have once again message the team that is able to correct this. If there are any issues, I will send you a private message.

Thank you!

Cert database for 6803724-006/61 is fixed.  The weird US$ picture is gone and a reverse picture of the Peru Libra is in its place.  Picture looks just a bit strange as it displays as a different size from the existing obverse picture but close enough :-)

6822109-001/61 not fixed but that's not my coin so that's someone else's problem.

Thank you KaileeS!  Much appreciated.

Ralph