• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 W V75 WWII PRIVY $1 AMERICAN SILVER EAGLE NGC PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I love me some NCLT but I'll take a pass on the ASE's. 

I have not bought one, and yes it is a sales ploy, but the reason these are big no for me is that 75k is a HUGE mintage and even though ASE's are extremely popular I feel there is a big potential downside with U.S. Mint products like this. I'll stick to paying around spot for world NCLT/bullion pieces that I like. 

Opinions will vary, but my opinion closely emulates what @powermad5000 and @Fenntucky Mike wrote.   These are just gimmicks to try and differentiate what is the same old same old ASE.    Take it out of the holder and you have $25 worth of silver, so is the holder worth $500+ to you?   It is not to me but without a doubt it is to some.

I have all the ASE's dates raw uncertified just to have the whole set. I have the changeover year 2008 in a proof and two graded MS 70 I found cheap at antique stores. To me everything else is just sales and hype. 

On 12/18/2023 at 8:51 AM, VietMedic6869 said:

Anyone bought one of these?

Very scarce/rare, but is this just a Mint gimmick?  Canada has a load of privy marks on their coins.

Yes, a gimmick, but when it comes to gimmickry, it’s tough to beat the Canadians. 

On 12/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, VKurtB said:

Yes, a gimmick, but when it comes to gimmickry, it’s tough to beat the Canadians. 

...isnt that a distillery in scotland?....

For any member, guest or lurker who, having just read the foregoing comments and feel slighted, offended or humiliated, all I have to say is wait until the unpleasant surprise that awaits you when you, or your heirs, attempt to sell your holdings.  The opinions volunteered are valid because they are informed by personal experiences, my own from years ago, included.  To those who indulge in entertaining these gimmicks and bet not with their heads, but over it, your only saving grace will be less ebb and more flow in precious metals markets.  As always, those who collect modestly and enjoy the hobby immensely, will come out best having made commitments they can comfortably live with.