• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC policy for submissions
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have submitted a coin for WALKTHROUGH tier. I submitted the proper payment for this service and marked all sides of box with bold "wk". Box delivered November 27, 2023, two weeks ago, to NGC. Despite repeated phone calls and reassurances, coin still not registered on NGC website or email addressing situation. Last NGC representative said walkthrough service ( currently a 3 day turn around ) will not start til package opened. I'm confused. If this is indeed policy, it's very poor customer service! Why pay for walkthrough if box isn't opened immediately if properly marked?

On 12/12/2023 at 7:57 PM, William M. Reed said:

I have submitted a coin for WALKTHROUGH tier. I submitted the proper payment for this service and marked all sides of box with bold "wk". Box delivered November 27, 2023, two weeks ago, to NGC. Despite repeated phone calls and reassurances, coin still not registered on NGC website or email addressing situation. Last NGC representative said walkthrough service ( currently a 3 day turn around ) will not start til package opened. I'm confused. If this is indeed policy, it's very poor customer service! Why pay for walkthrough if box isn't opened immediately if properly marked?

My understanding is that all packages are opened in the order they are received, I don't know that NGC gives special treatment to "WK" packages in the from of moving them to the front of the line ahead of packages received days or weeks  earlier but maybe. (shrug) Wouldn't seem fair to me if they did nor consistent as I imagine many "WK" would get missed due to poor labeling, no labeling, or other factors.

NGC is currently opening mail delivered the week of Nov. 11th, I take that to mean the 13th, and they have been updating that information regularly. My guess is that NGC will probably log your package by the end of next week based on how my latest submissions have gone through. 

On 12/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, William M. Reed said:

As you are new to the forum this section is for registry questions, for questions of a more general nature that you want an official answer from an NGC representative you need to ask your question in the "Ask NCG/NCS" section of the forum.   Or alternatively a call to customer service would yield you an answer in just a few minutes.   As Mike wrote my understanding is that the mail is opened as received and the clock does not start until your package has been opened and received.    If you want the fastest turnaround the best way to do that is to submit at a major show where NGC is doing on site grading for show grading, you will get the grading done in a day or two under that scenario.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your submission results.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 12/13/2023 at 1:57 AM, William M. Reed said:

Yes I have to agree that the customer service is very poor and not qualified to answer most of the questions asked!

I submitted a 20L RED GOLD coin for grading .Despite many notes on all documents that the coin is red gold the grader removed red gold! This coin(20 Lire 1882 RED GOLD) is listed in KM under Nr:21a

Based on my 30+ years of experience the coin is RED GOLD 100%.  I got the answer from NGC   -Thank you for your patience. The team let me know that we do not differentiate between gold colors for these coins or other European issues. We have unfortunately, have not done this for some time. We apologize that we are not able to accommodate your request. 

This 20 Lire 1882 RED GOLD is listed in all catalogues  but graders can not differentiate this? 

Regular 20L1882 is KM#21

RED GOLD 20L 1882 IS KM#21a

20 Lire 1882 RED GOLD Km21a.jpg