• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet Another “FedEx Bites” Rant

25 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2023 at 6:56 PM, J P M said:

Thankfully they did not lose them. Have NGC send them USPS First class.

My blame goes to holiday season part-timers. Even worse than FedEx career people.

Edited by VKurtB

Two weeks ago, my wife got an online notice that a FedEx package had been delivered. It had, to a house 3 miles away. The addresses were not even remotely similar. That homeowner got in her own vehicle and brought it to us. FedEx is sooooooo useless. This is why I love to shop “meatspace”, and not online. I seldom ever shop for ANYTHING online, unless there is no option.

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/12/2023 at 7:07 PM, J P M said:

Well, you do live in Bama now. Some folks don't read to well.

It’s like the brothers on Car Talk used to say: “Don’t think so much, … if you don’t think so good.”

The bad news is you didn't get it.

The good news, if you can call it that, is the shipment wasn't lost.

I am willing to bet your correct address may have been misread (if NGC confirmed) the address you provided was correct.  

Whatever happened to that "if you absolutely, positively" need it shtick?  If memory serves, you are entitled to a reimbursement of costs. (My claim was honored.)

I would not ship through another carrier. What I would do is contact FedEx after reading their online spiel, provide the tracking number assigned and request an explanation for the failure to deliver.  You may also want to consider taking down that poster on your fence that reads:  "GO AHEAD  [blown-up photo of gun pointed directly at viewer, followed by]  MAKE MY DAY!

@GoldFinger1969 :  This is your cue to re-post that video of the fast-talking FedEX man.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing.

I also had a FedEx delivery of coins submitted to NGC last week.  The package was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday by 3 p.m., and after that time had passed by "the end of the day". Then the delivery date changed to "unknown".  It apparently got on the delivery truck the next day at noon and was scheduled to be delivered by 4 p.m., which around that time changed to "by the end of the day." This was literally correct, as the deliveryman rang my doorbell at 11:29 p.m.!  He told me that they were "backed up."

The Postal Service has also been unreliable, especially since the pandemic started. Last year a package sent registered mail tracked to my local post office and disappeared for several days. It was only found and delivered after I made inquiries.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:34 PM, Sandon said:

I also had a FedEx delivery of coins submitted to NGC last week.  The package was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday by 3 p.m., and after that time had passed by "the end of the day". Then the delivery date changed to "unknown".  It apparently got on the delivery truck the next day at noon and was scheduled to be delivered by 4 p.m., which around that time changed to "by the end of the day." This was literally correct, as the deliveryman rang my doorbell at 11:29 p.m.!  He told me that they were "backed up."

The Postal Service has also been unreliable, especially since the pandemic started. Last year a package sent registered mail tracked to my local post office and disappeared for several days. It was only found and delivered after I made inquiries.

“Backed up”, like an old lady on a cheese diet. The United States Postal Service has the omnipresent risk of a manager “going postal” to keep the m-o-r-o-n-s in line. USPS now delivers twice a day in Arab. One truck for parcels and another for flat mail. We’re in the middle (smack dab) of a city (according to Alabama law) of about 8,000 souls (9,000 or more people, LOL), but still have a suburban/rural style curb line mailbox. But the USPS driver brings parcels up to the door. 

I have a shipment coming back from NGC this week. The problem with the FedEx drivers here is that if I am not sitting right at the door waiting for them, the driver will knock once, and then they do not wait for anybody to open the door. Right after one knock, they head right back to the truck. Lucky if the truck is out front for more than thirty seconds.

Last time I got a shipment back, it took three delivery attempts and on the third attempt, I was sitting at the door waiting, there was a very faint knock, and I opened the door and had to run out to the truck because the driver was already back in it behind the wheel. They absolutely do not wait for someone to answer the door. At least the USPS carrier with the registered packages used to wait and would even stop back a second time on the way out (I live on a one block street with a cul de sac at the end) and also knew me because I was one of the only people in town that got registered packages.

I'm not a fan of the FedEx program.

On 12/12/2023 at 8:34 PM, Sandon said:

I have a USPS Priority Mail delivery "In Transit" in Newark to Maryland.  It's been that way since Memorial Day, 2021 !!!  xD

Doesn't FedX take pics now of deliveries ?  Or is that Amazon ?  That should be standard so if they misdeliver, their photos are proof they screwed up.

In my complex, we have 3 streets and they often misdeliver to the same number but wrong street.:o

On 12/12/2023 at 6:45 PM, VKurtB said:

“Backed up”, like an old lady on a cheese diet. The United States Postal Service has the omnipresent risk of a manager “going postal” to keep the m-o-r-o-n-s in line. USPS now delivers twice a day in Arab. One truck for parcels and another for flat mail. We’re in the middle (smack dab) of a city (according to Alabama law) of about 8,000 souls (9,000 or more people, LOL), but still have a suburban/rural style curb line mailbox. But the USPS driver brings parcels up to the door. 

Oh My BOB! You get Delivery?  Cheese? I have to drive 7 miles just to get relieved of a box full of junk mail. …….and it seems it never gets delayed.

I get ads from stores that are not in my gov approved zip code.

Edited by R__Rash

On 12/13/2023 at 5:31 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

So glad that I can have all my parcels delivered to work. I have never had one bad experience since I made that change and no worries or waiting for deliveries, FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS stop here everyday at a scheduled time.

But I’m HERE every day! Aside from PT, it’s pretty much ALL day, and then my wife’s here. Now, is there ambiguity in addresses here? A bit. 1st Avenue is right around the corner from 1st Street, and the same thing diagonally across the town. But more than two WEEKS banging around town and then getting returned to NGC!?!? Please. It’s idiocy on steroids. It’s a type of idiocy that NOT EVEN THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE has sunk to. It’s a private sector idiocy that is unsurpassed. It’s FedEx. “When it absolutely, positively, needs to get screwed up badly.”

Do you suppose I could get NGC to take my finished coins to the next show I’m going to?

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, Redline68 said:

Not long ago near me $99k of gold coins were taken:  https://6abc.com/fedex-theft-jordan-hamilton-gold-coins/14052264/

The last delivery to me went OK other than it being several days late.  I previously had several instances of them leaving it on my step even though it was "signature required".

Just another crook from Wilmington, I guess.

My shipment came this past week. I am off work right now and was waiting at the door for the driver (thankfully not too long). Otherwise, it would have cost me a day off work just to receive my coins. FedEx does NOT do like USPS registered. FedEx does NOT leave a note (at least not where I live) to say they were there and you can pick up your package here if you would like to.

USPS registered always left me a card at the door and I could go to work a normal day, come home, get the card and take a short drive to the post office and go pick up my package there. Easy. FedEx, not easy.

The "direct signature" with FedEx and UPS is murder in my case; I'm in an apartment with zero security issues but drivers have to know how to get in to leave their packages or their door tags, which with the direct signature does no good as they want someone in person signing.   With FedEx last time I was able to get through to customer service and the depot to coordinate with the driver.  The night I was at a coin club meeting I was called they were trying to deliver it, I told them to leave it by any means, I don't care about the rules requiring a signature.  They left it and did not hear from me again.

Then last week I was waiting over 3x for UPS to deliver a different order;  I was held hostage all week on this, with one driver saying there was no access to delivery location; then two door tags were signed, one in the mail room one on my door, finally a driver left it.

NGC was honoring your usps corporate express accounts then usps cancelled the service last year but NGC was permitting the customer to send them a return express label, then no more.   With one of the other services they are highly flexible with usps options, and I don't use signature required if I can help it.   This is a hobby, not an exercise in masochism.

Edited by Thomas Little

On 12/17/2023 at 2:23 AM, powermad5000 said:

My shipment came this past week. I am off work right now and was waiting at the door for the driver (thankfully not too long). Otherwise, it would have cost me a day off work just to receive my coins. FedEx does NOT do like USPS registered. FedEx does NOT leave a note (at least not where I live) to say they were there and you can pick up your package here if you would like to.

USPS registered always left me a card at the door and I could go to work a normal day, come home, get the card and take a short drive to the post office and go pick up my package there. Easy. FedEx, not easy.

Here in Northern Alabama, FedEx DOES DO the “we tried to deliver” slips if a package is “sig required”. It’s disturbing that there is no FedEx consistency. The problem here was that FedEx’s (ground service) software did not have my address in it, despite the fact that I’ve been here almost three years. Yes, it was vacant for four years before that. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Here in Northern Alabama, FedEx DOES DO the “we tried to deliver” slips if a package is “sig required”. It’s disturbing that there is no FedEx consistency. The problem here was that FedEx’s (ground service) software did not have my address in it, despite the fact that I’ve been here almost three years. Yes, it was vacant for four years before that. 

...so u r saying they didnt have ur "butt" address?....

On 12/17/2023 at 2:39 PM, zadok said:

...so u r saying they didnt have ur "butt" address?....

Some obviously don’t. We’ve had several issues with FedEx. But not a majority. I guess some drivers know the town better than the FedEx software. I use THREE nav systems in our cars, Apple’s Siri, Ford Navigation, and Mercedes Navigation. Only Siri can correctly find my house. Object lesson: only Apple knows squat. 

Edited by VKurtB