• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1929-D penny RPM
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I am the worst to detect Doubled dies and RPMS. thought I would show,  but thinking this could be erosion around the mint mark. There's only one I found searching on variety vista, that one shows north of the mint mark. 

20231125_063334.jpg

20231125_062459.jpg

20231125_062600.jpg

Edited by Hinkle
Mint mark correction D instead of S

Its just a blobby mint mark that has bloomed with sticky icky black /green verdi. Yuccck Keep that coin and others like it away from your other coins. Verdigris or coin cancer is contagious to other copper and silver coins. It can spread to other coins it contacts or even to coins it never contacts. Be aware. Most collectors either remediate and stop/ remove the verdigris or immediately dispense with the coin..ie: get it outta there..trash it

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Seems to be some corrosion, but the best method to determine if there was a die variety is to check the NGC die variety plus.  There is not an indication of a DD mint mark for 1929.  Of course, on extremely rare instances, there could be one off errors.

United States Categories | VarietyPlus® | NGC