• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin series mint date range reference.
1 1

32 posts in this topic

i think it refers to the position of the thread on the main page of "Newbie Coin Collecting...".  Every time a post is posted on any given thread, that post is "bumped"  to the top of the list of threads.  Because it is a contest to keep these riveting threads alive.

On 11/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, powermad5000 said:

Yes. It means you are entertaining the troll.

i thought we got ride of those type............  oh well here we go again.............  

On 11/27/2023 at 11:48 AM, dprince1138 said:

There have been a number of posting issues on the "Follow the lead picture post" thread on the "US. World and Ancient Coins" board.  However, while I have made this same post on that forum, the post is not easily visible.

I'm glad you have a better understanding of the thread. It's there to have fun and share coins. 

The only posting rules listed in the initial post are;
    "Let's say next someone post an image of a 1936 Washington quarter. You would now need to post a pic of the same type coin (a Washington quarter) or anything dated 1936."

Currently posted;
    1831 Coronet Head cent.  (The year is easily visible, imho).
    1853 Braided Hair cent.

What has been done in the past is that the series was broken to return to the prior series.  However, I will continue with the latest posting.

If there needs to be any additional rules considered, then I would recommend editing the initial post with those additional rules.

Edited by dprince1138

On 11/28/2023 at 12:33 PM, dprince1138 said:

The only posting rules listed in the initial post are;
    "Let's say next someone post an image of a 1936 Washington quarter. You would now need to post a pic of the same type coin (a Washington quarter) or anything dated 1936."

Currently posted;
    1831 Coronet Head cent.  (The year is easily visible, imho).
    1853 Braided Hair cent.

What has been done in the past is that the series was broken to return to the prior series.  However, I will continue with the latest posting.

If there needs to be any additional rules considered, then I would recommend editing the initial post with any additionalal rules.

Lol. Seriously!

Today I painted 5 window frames and 4 doors. After I was hungry so I went to get something to eat. I decided to eat a burger so I went to a burger place. I looked at the menu. There were all kinds of great burgers on the menu. I saw a sirloin burger with jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on an artisan roll. I was also intrigued by the BBQ bacon smoked cheddar burger. After a bit of hard thinking I decided to order the roasted green chili jack cheese burger. I needed no internal decision for my sides which are always as usual with a burger.. a side of onion rings and a Coke. I found an open seating booth near a garbage can and sat down to enjoy the burger with a somewhat unappetizing view and smell. That 's when I thought of dPrince. Much like that garbage can Prince makes an otherwise appealing and pleasurable experience completely unappetizing and unappealing. Funny how inanimate objects can embody real people. Go figure.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

I would recommend adding the rule "Gold is "wild", so the next post may be of any gold coin." to the initial thread post.

For example;
    1886 Morgan Dollar
    1886 Liberty Head Half Eage
    1903 Liberty Head Eagle

To keep everyone properly informed, and to keep the challenge fair for all participants, I would highly recommend posting any additional rules to the initial thread post.

Hey @dprince1138!!!! Why do you feel this need to come into someone else' thread that they started YEARS ago and think you have the right to change all the rules???? If you can't participate by following the established rules, then don't participate!

And yea, go ahead again and give me your thanks for the bump/thanks for your participation response as usual seeing as you cannot constructively engage anyone in these forums.

@dprince1138

come on.  You really think after 17+ years and over 10000 posts that because you are “confused”, that all of a sudden that fun loving thread that almost any coin collector can participate in should now have the rules altered for you??  

I have never seen a member here do so much damage to their own reputation than you have sir/madam.  I even tried to give you another chance here.  You really need to think hard about this.  If you are trolling, great job.  But I actually don’t think you are, which is where I (and many others) are starting to worry.  This is NOT an example of all press is good.  You are literally destroying any meaningful chance of being in the business of selling coins by your posts and shockingly to me, you don’t seem to understand that.  We are not crazy internet people here, you are literally talking to the REAL people of the hobby.  

edited to add (and correct spelling) that particular post has over 827000 views.  Yours have 300 on the high end generally.  Seriously, who are you lol.  

Edited by Newenglandrarities

On 11/30/2023 at 1:17 PM, Newenglandrarities said:

I have never seen a member here do so much damage to their own reputation than you have sir/madam.  I even tried to give you another chance here.  You really need to think hard about this.  If you are trolling, great job.  But I actually don’t think you are, which is where I (and many others) are starting to worry.  This is NOT an example of all press is good.  You are literally destroying any meaningful chance of being in the business of selling coins by your posts and shockingly to me, you don’t seem to understand that.  We are not crazy internet people here, you are literally talking to the REAL people of the hobby.  

edited to add (and correct spelling) that particular post has over 827000 views.  Yours have 300 on the high end generally.  Seriously, who are you lol.

He is using this crappy "bump" response to drive up his post count to try to become a Seasoned Veteran to further his awful online coin biz. Report. Report. Report. The mods need this dumpster fire reported. Not just once, but as much as possible.

On 11/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, Newenglandrarities said:

I have never seen a member here do so much damage to their own reputation than you have

dprince has made it crystal clear that they do not care at all about their reputation, which has  already been damaged beyond repair, and I have given up pointing out counterfeits or misattribuled varieties they have posted. The really sad part is it's also damaging the reputation of NGC, this forum and its members simply by association and @Administrator allowing this "dumpster fire" to continue.