• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Uncirculated sets (How do you get a coin out of the plastic?)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I'm a little confused since you talk about a mint set but then show a photo of an individual coin.  In any event, for either a plastic set case or individual capsule from the mint there is a seam on the side or edge you can work a small sharp knife into and then pry open with a small screwdriver.  You just need to proceed slowly and carefully so you don't damage the coin(s) or cut yourself.

you can peal the paper off the mint set and when you get to the plastic you will notice that there will be an edge that you can lift up and pull apart.  The plastic will separate so that you can pull them out.  just make sure you don't have a cat around or you may lose them all on the floor. I have done tis a many of times to fill my danscos.

Edited by JT2

On 11/21/2023 at 7:26 AM, JT2 said:

just make sure you don't have a cat around or you may lose them all on the floor

I assume you have a cat ... or had after that.  I was chuckling to myself picturing this. (:

On 11/21/2023 at 1:26 AM, edhalbrook said:

Any helpful hints on how to get a coin out of the plastic sets they use these days? 

20231120_222111.jpg

That looks more like a proof set, not a mint set

On 11/21/2023 at 8:15 AM, EagleRJO said:

I assume you have a cat ... or had after that.

yeah you know just when you are trying to do something precise........WHAM!!!  here she is for her loving.... how dare you mister to ignore me!!!  hahahahahha...  i will just take my paw and push that Kennedy right off of the table!1