• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 P Nickel. Testing, looks like it’s been cleaned, just wondering if there is any value besides 5 cents. Thanks
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Nothing there that indicates why it should be worth more than 5 cents. It has some worthless Machine Doubling, but that is all. Also do not use screen shots, They are too pixilated to see small detail.

I see what might be a cud, as well as perhaps a small die crack(s).  There truly needs to be better resolution to be certain.  If you have a fairly new iphone, you should be able to take decently high magnificantion (5x or more) photos, then use the share option to send the photos to a cloud drive or as an email attachment using gmail, or even to facebook.

For multiple mint issues, it could be worth a few dollars.

Edited by dprince1138

On 11/11/2023 at 7:21 AM, dprince1138 said:

I see what might be a cud, as well as perhaps a small die crack(s).  There truly needs to be better resolution to be certain.  If you have a fairly new iphone, you should be able to take decently high magnificantion (5x or more) photos, then use the share option to send the photos to a cloud drive or as an email attachment using gmail, or even to facebook.

For multiple mint issues, it could be worth a few dollars.

No No No....... You are seeing displaced metal from the rim being hit and banged around for twenty-four years.   

On 11/11/2023 at 10:13 AM, Coinbuf said:

To anyone reading this please disregard this post, everything in it is false and misinformation.

I second that statement!

I am still trying to figure out why dprince doesn't just lurk and learn more for a while instead of singlehandedly destroying his own reputation.

@KoyMihn I think you need to put away the scope as it's leading you down rabbit holes.  There is another recent topic on use of scopes you should read.

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/431892-what-is-a-good-coin-microscope-compatible-to-a-windowspc-wi-fi-or-bluetooth/

On 11/11/2023 at 12:15 PM, EagleRJO said:

I second that statement!

I am still trying to figure out why dprince doesn't just lurk and learn more for a while instead of singlehandedly destroying his own reputation.

Your comment assumes that dprince cares about what anyone here thinks of him, he clearly does not.   He is not here to be helpful or provide any meaningful content, just to be a PIA and be as disruptive as possible.   I would not be surprised if this an alt of an old account that was banned, best we can do is if everyone reports his nonsense posts to the mods perhaps the mods will become tired of getting numinous reports and take action.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

Your comment assumes that dprince cares about what anyone here thinks of him, he clearly does not.   He is not here to be helpful or provide any meaningful content, just to be a PIA and be as disruptive as possible.   I would not be surprised if this an alt of an old account that was banned, best we can do is if everyone reports his nonsense posts to the mods perhaps the mods will become tired of getting numinous reports and take action.

I believe this to be necessary in order to maintain the integrity of the forum. He likes to jump on posts first and provides incorrect information to the OP's and several of them have thanked him/her for it. Not good.

As to the OP, to get back on your subject, I see a circulated nickel with some circulation damage and some mechanical doubling. Worth 5 cents.

Edited by powermad5000

On 11/11/2023 at 4:12 AM, KoyMihn said:

(bunch of pictures of junky coin with zero chance of value)

No. It is worth $0.05. Nearly none of these coins from the last sixty years are going to be worth anything and you are throwing a lot of time down a rathole taking time to photograph and post them. You can keep doing it, but the conclusion will be that you aren't really paying attention to the answers.