• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI - coin die varieties
1 1

107 posts in this topic

Of course, I should have indicated "financial transaction", rather than "money".

I incorporate an enormous amount of data validation, data verification, database integrity, error tracking and recovery in my applications.  I recall one of my professors lecturing about the necessity of accuracy and that 30% of code should be applied to that goal.  If I do create a Die Variety search engine, you will see what I am referring to.

The NGC online invoice application is an extremely poor example of proper programming.  Not only the obvious data errors, but the design of the form as well.

Example A is of bad data.  Example B is of a bad record. There is a function path error as well.  

badprogramminga.jpg

badprogrammingb.jpg

Edited by dprince1138

On 12/8/2023 at 10:53 AM, dprince1138 said:

Of course, I should have indicated "financial transaction", rather than "money".

I incorporate an enormous amount of data validation, data verification, database integrity, error tracking and recovery in my applications.  I recall one of my professors lecturing about the necessity of accuracy and that 30% of code should be applied to that goal.  If I do create a Die Variety search engine, you will see what I am referring to.

The NGC online invoice application is an extremely poor example of proper programming.  Not only the obvious data errors, but the design of the form as well.

Example A is of bad data.  Example B is of a bad record. There is a function path error as well.  

badprogramminga.jpg

badprogrammingb.jpg

So now you have a problem with NGC. Why don't you take your 13 year old brain and leave the site. It's clear your goal is to harm this site. 

On 12/8/2023 at 8:53 AM, dprince1138 said:

badprogramminga.jpg

badprogrammingb.jpg

Right off hand I'd say you also give bad data, have a bad record and have a function path error as well. 

On 12/7/2023 at 1:11 PM, dprince1138 said:

For such a self-aggrandizing service as NGC

So now @dprince1138, aka davidprince on FleaBay is accusing NGC of being self-aggrandizing?!?! Pot, kettle. One of the least ethical people in the whole industry has a gripe about NGC?!? Sounds like a sufficient endorsement of NGC to my ear!

On 12/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, VKurtB said:

One of the least ethical people in the whole industry has a gripe about NGC

Did you expect anything else since he is getting continuously slammed and ignored on this forum for his misinformation and very shady Etsy/eBay raw coin flipping with counterfeits and misattributed varieties that is ripping off less knowledgeable collectors.  But he apparently thinks he might be able to recover his reputation or people might actually pay attention to his posts which is just not going to happen and is totally beyond repair.

It seems like he thought people here would not be able to recognize a clueless fraud and numismatic scam artist, and I don't understand why he is even continuing with posts which are just being ignored or slammed.

The more davidprince is called out on this forum for being a fraud and scam artist the more likely less knowledgeable collectors will be able to find that from a search and avoid being ripped off on eBay.

But davidprince seems to be oblivious to that and it was only a matter of time before the frustration at not being able to hoodwing people here and resulting damage to davidprince's FleaBay flipping ended up with some backlash.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 12/9/2023 at 2:35 PM, EagleRJO said:

Did you expect anything else since he is getting continuously slammed and ignored on this forum for his misinformation and very shady Etsy/eBay raw coin flipping with counterfeits and misattributed varieties that is ripping off less knowledgeable collectors.  But he apparently thinks he might be able to recover his reputation or people might actually pay attention to his posts which is just not going to happen and is totally beyond repair.

It seems like he thought people here would not be able to recognize a clueless fraud and numismatic scam artist, and I don't understand why he is even continuing with posts which are just being ignored or slammed.  The more davidprince is called out on this forum for being a fraud and scam artist the more likely less knowledgeable collectors will be able to find that from a search and avoid being ripped off on eBay.  But davidprince seems to be oblivious to that and it was only a matter of time before the frustration at not being able to hoodwing people here and resulting damage to davidprince's FlesBay flipping ended up with some backlash.

He can also use his threads on NGC as a reference for buyers looking at his coins for sale. I have done internet searches on nickels and I have been directed to my own threads here for the best answers.  (shrug)

On 12/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, J P M said:

He can also use his threads on NGC as a reference for buyers looking at his coins for sale

That is exactly what he is doing here @J P M. He is self promoting his eBay/Etsy business right here on a well respected forum trying to promote himself as an expert. He is like a corrosion spot on an otherwise perfect coin.

TO ALL PEOPLE READING THIS THREAD, dprince1138 or davidprince as is known on eBay, is NOT an expert and has misattributed many varieties across this forum, as well as incorrectly self graded his own coins. Buyer beware!

It is a shame the moderators allow his self serving posts to continue on here.

On 12/9/2023 at 5:11 PM, J P M said:

I have done internet searches on nickels and I have been directed to my own threads here for the best answers.  (shrug)

Thats to funny that you were directed back to yourself for answers, but at least it was correct as to where to find the best answers. ;)

I have a feeling that davidprince doesn't realize how easy it is for potential victims to find out he is a clueless fraud and numismatic scam artist by continuing to post his misinformation and variety garbage here.

On 12/9/2023 at 4:32 PM, EagleRJO said:

Thats to funny that you were directed back to yourself for answers, but at least it was correct as to where to find the best answers. ;)

I have a feeling that davidprince doesn't realize how easy it is for potential victims to find out he is a clueless fraud and numismatic scam artist by continuing to post his misinformation and variety garbage here.

Anything critical, AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING, NGC has to say to ME will henceforth wash harmlessly off me like water off a duck's back until and unless they grow a set of stones and get this fraud artist off this site. @dprince1138, in case there's any doubt whatsoever. THIS is what people need "points" for, not the dumb stuff NGC gives them out for. This site is BEGGING , literally BEGGING to be ignored at his point. The guy is a stinking menace.

I think that most will agree that the guy is a problem. 

We all need to be careful with our words. I believe he is just trying to bait others into saying something that breaks the rules and he probably reports those post. It's great that other members take the time to correct false information. That's what is really important. I have a feeling that the mods have already had a chat with him but that's just my guess. 

I'm just posting this because of many friends that got the boot for getting caught up in the madness of someone being a jerk. 

Sure, you can report a post that asks for a direct answer to a question @ldhair, but it would be really hard for a mod to give points when respectfully asking a direct question (upon which receiving no direct answer).

I do understand where you are coming from, though, after the Vendetta incident so I have been staying on the up and up from the start of this nonsense.

And guess whats coming next? Thanks for the bump/thanks for your participation.

Edited by powermad5000

On 12/9/2023 at 9:19 PM, ldhair said:

We all need to be careful with our words.

I don't have any problem saying that dprince or davidprince is a clueless fraud and numismatic scam artist because it's the truth based on the misinformation presented in this forum and coins posted that were counterfeits or had misattributed varieties that he went on to sell on eBay completely ignoring comments to that effect here.

What he has been posting is in effect shooting himself in the foot, but he doesn't realized that which maybe is a good thing if he is continually called out on that because less knowledgeable collectors are less likely to be ripped off if they do a simple search as JPM noted related to some of the things posted.

Perhaps I could offer my developmental skills and knowledge to NGC, for a competitive fee\salary.

I have participated in dozens of public facing websites and applications.  This form would have been utterly rejected by the testing and roll out staff.  The issues in this form should have been addressed during the initial unit testing phase.  

Edited by dprince1138

More disengagement with the members of the forum. Also, responding looking nothing more than getting money than helping the community.

He has not answered a direct question yet.

If he has an issue with NGC forms, he should contact customer service or at a minimum move his gripe to the Ask NGC forum.

Edited by powermad5000