• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 Clash Mule Die Penny One Cent
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Hi,  please post complete pictures of front and back of coin.  Also, maybe try to get a close up picture of what you believe you see.  A verbal description helps as well to point us in some direction.  Hopefully, then we can provide you both opinions and options. 

Edited by cobymordet

As for all questions on the forum, we need clear cropped photos of both sides of the coin with the question about it. If you provide these proper photos, you can get helpful information in return.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:20 AM, GBrad said:

Please go somewhere else with your nonsense.

I have to admit that one was funny, and how interesting is a forum without some occasional humor.  Maybe if he lightens up a bit he won't bash the newbies so harshly which grinds my gears.  (:

On 11/5/2023 at 2:25 AM, EagleRJO said:

Maybe if he lightens up a bit he won't bash the newbies so harshly which grinds my gears.

I have to agree with you 100% on your above statement @EagleRJO.  By no means was I trying to be ugly or rude in my comment which is simply NOT the way I roll. I have come to absolutely love teaching others (in the capacity that I'm able, that is) due in most part to the overwhelming support and guidance of those knowledgeable and professional numismatists here on this forum that I learned SO much from when I dove into the endless world of errors and varieties. For this, I am truly thankful for all of you that helped me out more than you know!

I was only expressing my opinion and trying to get a point across that what some folks may think to be funny in their mind, may very well be taken the exact opposite way from a new collector's point of view.  Subsequently, and unfortunately, this could easily turn away a newb's interest in this great hobby.

However, with that said, I strongly urge those newcomers getting into coin collecting to at least make a concerted effort to put in the time for self study and research.  There's more stuff out there these days on the web, that's totally free and extremely helpful, that will no doubt facilitate a good foundation in which to expand upon.  For those of you that know me, my background, and current health situation, I'm fairly confident in saying that you know I'm a very thick skinned individual.  However, for those that may not be of such a nature, I'd hate to see them turned away from collecting because of....well... you all get my point.  

Anyway...... I too love and appreciate some good humor (at the appropriate time) and I'll gladly dish it out just like I can take it. I guess all I'm saying here is that some comments should probably be "rethought" prior to posting.  So..... in closing..... I surely didn't try to hit any sensitive nerves here, but if I did, oh well........I'm old enough now that I really don't care, nor do I give a D^*#, but if I did offend anyone...., you can go pack sand til your heart's content!!! :roflmao:

Edited by GBrad

On 11/5/2023 at 12:40 AM, Travsobeast said:

2023_11_04_22_42_35_538.thumb.png.2b2c00798a4d5675441c739702b00688.pngHappens to resemble the 1999 P One Cent Clash Mule Die Penny.....Options needed thanks.... 2 different coin snap reverses

2023_11_04_22_47_10_362.png

Nothing of even the most remote interest in this cent. The only error is excessive wishful thinking and a nonsense numismatic vocabulary.

On 11/5/2023 at 7:10 PM, RWB said:

Nothing of even the most remote interest in this cent. The only error is excessive wishful thinking and a nonsense numismatic vocabulary.

I felt like I was reading a thread title made up of random numismatic terms drawn from a cloth bag on Scrabble-like tiles.

Edited by VKurtB

The level of absolute arrogance, narcissim and ridicule on this board is why many new persons post under the impression that they will be beat upon for the simplest of questions.  I would say that easily half of all veterans fall under this category.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:05 AM, dprince1138 said:

The level of absolute arrogance, narcissim and ridicule on this board is why many new persons post under the impression that they will be beat upon for the simplest of questions.  I would say that easily half of all veterans fall under this category.

And STILL the rate of ridicule is faaaaaar below that found by talking to typical coin dealers. This is a hard hobby with people with short fuses for nonsense. Most dealers are “boomers” with all the judgementalism that comes with that demographic. I LIKE THIS HOBBY THAT WAY, because that’s the only way I’ve ever known it. I also like my physicians with hard core directness and no sugar coating.

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/6/2023 at 2:05 AM, dprince1138 said:

You must be a millenial because you have no accountability for your own ignorance and statements made therein that ignorance. Questions are fine but when people literally "want to know the value" or  "should I have it graded?" etc..of anything without the slightest bit of knowledge of what they have in front of them its plainly clear to many of us here that we are being used like free lab assistants. We can smell the real numismatic interest plainly, patently differently than the "slicker" or con artists like you. Call it arrogance, narcissism whatever we call it facts and accountability. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:56 AM, VKurtB said:

This is a hard hobby with people with short fuses for nonsense. Most dealers are “boomers” with all the judgmentalism that comes with that demographic. I LIKE THIS HOBBY THAT WAY, because that’s the only way I’ve ever known it. I also like my physicians with hard core directness and no sugar coating.

VkurtB's Perfect day : Morning/ After a long flight arrives home with several hard won numismatic treasures from his recent travels to far off destinations. Afternoon/ Stops by his local coin shop for a spirited discussion on the quality of his new coins which ends abruptly in a dry "Good day sir". Evening/  At 6 pm after receiving a phone call from his doctor plainly stating he only has only one good butt cheek left feeling fulfilled Kurt retires to his special chair for cookies and milk. :)

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 11/6/2023 at 8:46 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

VkurtB's Perfect day : Morning/ After a long flight arrives home with several hard won numismatic treasures from his recent travels to far off destinations. Afternoon/ Stops by his local coin shop for a spirited discussion on the quality of his new coins which ends abruptly in a dry "Good day sir". Evening/  At 6 pm after receiving a phone call from his doctor plainly stating he only has only one good butt cheek left feeling fulfilled Kurt retires to his special chair for cookies and milk. :)

... or a wee dram of quality Scotch brought home from the Highlands. Aye, sir.