• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Shame you are done. I love your nickels hunt. I also get nickels and roll hunt. Got a 1959 pretty clean one today. Actually has steps A little tiny dent on two steps but otherwise you can see them all. Also got a 1940 s and a 1941. I get about 10 rolls a week. Trying to find a Henning nickel. Got a Dansco book with only BU's and a Whitman 38 - 64 circulated going. Also a couple of Harris ones. Coin roll hunting I'm having a hard time finding the 2004 P Peace and 1975 nickel.  

What book you starting next? 

20231028_191059.jpg

20231028_191110.jpg

On 10/29/2023 at 8:37 AM, edhalbrook said:

Shame you are done. I love your nickels hunt. I also get nickels and roll hunt. Got a 1959 pretty clean one today. Actually has steps A little tiny dent on two steps but otherwise you can see them all. Also got a 1940 s and a 1941. I get about 10 rolls a week. Trying to find a Henning nickel. Got a Dansco book with only BU's and a Whitman 38 - 64 circulated going. Also a couple of Harris ones. Coin roll hunting I'm having a hard time finding the 2004 P Peace and 1975 nickel.  

What book you starting next? 

20231028_191059.jpg

20231028_191110.jpg

I will never be done per say. I still roll hunt and save all my BU coins in all the series . It is a life long hobby and it's not over yet. Ya never know there is always  a chance to find something a little different.;)

1982 Ragged Fisher.jpg

1982 Ragged Fisher Reverse.jpg

On 10/29/2023 at 8:55 AM, J P M said:

I will never be done per say. I still roll hunt and save all my BU coins in all the series . It is a life long hobby and it's not over yet. Ya never know there is always  a chance to find something a little different.;)

Ok JPM.... Now that I'm "back"... and you and a bunch of others are to blame 😁, did you find that 1982 Lincoln in a roll??? That is a great error!

On 11/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, powermad5000 said:

@J P M are those ice cube trays? If so, that's ingenious imo! Neat way to store them!

Yes they are ice cube trays. They hold the five coins of each year for the state and park quarters easy to sort out and you can stack them to store them neatly. 

On 11/3/2023 at 6:03 AM, J P M said:

Sorta Fun.jpg

On 11/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, powermad5000 said:

@J P M are those ice cube trays? If so, that's ingenious imo! Neat way to store them!

On 11/4/2023 at 6:01 AM, J P M said:

Yes they are ice cube trays. They hold the five coins of each year for the state and park quarters easy to sort out and you can stack them to store them neatly. 

That really is an excellent way to organize and temporarily store coins as you go through rolls I picked up from JPM a while ago, and have been using.  You can have either 3 spots or 5 spots per coin depending on which way you organize them.

I only found a handful of the 3x5 stackable standard size ice cube trays at a local thrift store, and cant seem to find any more in local stores or online.  If someone knows where you can find more of the standard 3x5's please let me know.