• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I do find it amazing that 60's silver is still anywhere in circulation at all in any given condition. I on occasion will still get a silver dime or a silver quarter. Worn but still silver.

On 10/26/2023 at 1:32 AM, powermad5000 said:

I do find it amazing that 60's silver is still anywhere in circulation at all in any given condition. I on occasion will still get a silver dime or a silver quarter. Worn but still silver.

Yes It is not very common a find. I think the last generation of old time collectors are leaving there circulation finds to there family's and many are not interested in coin collecting. I live in a big retirement area so I find a lot of older change at the banks. This last roll was full of VF and F Bicentennial half's. I think this coin was most likely in a draw somewhere. It is AU and has mostly what I call tray scratches from normal handling on the fields on either side of the bust. The reverse is a close to MS in the fields due to all the raised devices.    

On 10/26/2023 at 5:47 AM, J P M said:

It is not very common a find

I also sometimes go through rolls of half dollars, mostly looking for transitional off-metal errors, and very rarely find any silvers.  I assume you also look at the edges first stacked to see if anything stands out..

On 10/26/2023 at 3:19 PM, EagleRJO said:

I assume you also look at the edges first stacked to see if anything stands out.

Yes I always look there first. That is why the Greek coin stood out so much

Halfs roll.jpg