• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2023 at 7:03 PM, J P M said:

I also picked up some Home Rolls today.

Are "Home Rolls" like"Jelly Rolls, or "Cream Biscuits," or possibly "Sea Biscuits?"

So here is a good one. I thought I would look up my NGC slabbed 1964 D to make a comparison with this coin . The only problem is my NGC Certified coin is mislabeled and not a 1964 D it is a 1964  no D ? is that worth more $. LoL  Now what,    it is in the registry as labeled and it is a older holder ? I got this coin at auction over a year ago with four coins total on the delivery. I must have looked at the coin a half dozen times and never even thought to check the mint mark.:whistle: I must be slacking or getting old. 

64 No D.jpg

1964 No D.jpg

1964 no D Reverse.jpg

1964 reverse No D.jpg

Edited by J P M

On 10/21/2023 at 9:09 PM, J P M said:

The only problem is my NGC Certified coin is mislabeled and not a 1964 D it is a 1964  no D ? is that worth more $. LoL  Now what, 

Well, hopefully when you look at the 1964 (P) 5C in your set it has a "D" mint mark! :insane:

P.S. I think they would correct the mechanical label error at no charge and likely keep the pedigree label.  The only real hassle is if you then have a duplicate 1964 (P) 5C you would need to sell and replace.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 10/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, EagleRJO said:

Well, hopefully when you look at the 1964 (P) 5C in your set it has a "D" mint mark! :insane:

Na that didn't work. :S I guess I will just get a real 64 D .... Again ... to bad. I liked the pedigree label.  I wonder if NGC would fix this after all these years it has been this way.   

On 10/21/2023 at 10:13 PM, Coinbuf said:

You can send the coin in to NGC for them to correct the mechanical error, call customer service explain the problem and they should get you squared away.   The last time I had this happen NGC took care of the problem and picked up the shipping both ways.

That works, I will give them a call on Monday.  

On 10/21/2023 at 11:34 PM, Lem E said:

I would probably just keep it as a piece of interest and pick up a new 64 D unless you really want it reholdered. Nice roll find by the way. 

Ya know I was thinking the same thing last night after I logged out. For what I paid for it. I think keeping it just like that is good enough. I can get another one.  Yes nice rolls, Home rolls taste the best a little bit of mix in the rolls ...

On 10/22/2023 at 7:15 AM, J P M said:

Home rolls taste the best ...

Now the cat is out of the bag. :grin:

I assume you want it slabbed for your registry set because the original 1964-D nickel posted looks like a pretty good album coin.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:35 PM, EagleRJO said:

Now the cat is out of the bag. :grin:

I assume you want it slabbed for your registry set because the original 1964-D nickel posted looks like a pretty good album coin.

I will just pick up a new/old 64 D at auction. That Omaha MS 66 was only $13  maybe I can find a  MS67 cheap :roflmao: either way I will pull the Omaha Bank coin off the registry. That roll coin is a MS66 in my mind but I would never send in a coin for grading unless it was worth $200 or more.    

Edited by J P M