• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Invention silver eagles
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Please clarify your question.

1.  Are you referring to 1 oz. American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins, (non-silver) American Innovation Dollars or something else?

2.  Are you asking how to collect whichever series it is, or do you own NGC and/or PCGS certified examples of these coins and want to create a set on the NGC Registry?

On 10/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, Sandon said:

Please clarify your question.

1.  Are you referring to 1 oz. American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins, (non-silver) American Innovation Dollars or something else?

2.  Are you asking how to collect whichever series it is, or do you own NGC and/or PCGS certified examples of these coins and want to create a set on the NGC Registry?

Start a new set for 

“Invention Series” for silver eagles ms

Thanks Lew

On 10/19/2023 at 7:31 PM, lcs1129 said:

Start a new set for 

“Invention Series” for silver eagles ms

Thanks Lew

I may have found what you are asking for. This was a coin on E-bay for sale. I am not sure how many coins are in the set?  https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6806131-018/70/

ase invention.jpg

Edited by J P M

It's just a meaningless name stuck on a paper label. The other day someone else posted a "Magnum Opus" or "Opus Dei" or maybe it was "Opus & 'Bill the Cat'."

On 10/19/2023 at 7:42 PM, J P M said:

I may have found what you are asking for. This was a coin on E-bay for sale. I am not sure how many coins are in the set?

In addition to that "Bifocals" label I have seen "Personal Computer", "Fiber Optic Cable" and "Microwave Popcorn" :insane: , with them all being just 2023 $1 silver bullion coins.

I don't know how many variations there are, or if it's just those four.  But take them out of the holders and they are all exactly the same, which is just the same silver bullion coins with no mint mark.  Seems like another special label marketing gimmick by some bullion dealer.

On 10/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, lcs1129 said:

How do I get a set started?

I see you requested that NGC create a new set in the "NGC Registry" sub-forum, but I can't see a new set being created for just special label bullion coins that are not even different coins or years, let alone if there are just four of them.

I am just curious about how many different label variations you have, as I don't even see that special label listing by NGC.

Edited by EagleRJO

The Administrator in response to your post on the Registry forum will likely request that you post your request for a new set and certificate numbers of pertinent coins on the following topic: Need a new NGC Registry set? Post here! --- Please remember to include your NGC certification numbers in your request! --- - NGC Registry - NGC Coin Collectors Chat Boards.  She will also likely advise you that there is currently a "freeze" on new sets until the winners of this year's registry awards have been determined and that requests for new sets will then be reviewed in the order in which they were received. Ultimately, your request for a competitive Silver Eagle set consisting entirely of coins whose holder has an apparently obscure custom label will almost certainly be denied, and you will be advised to create a "noncompetitive" "Custom Set" in which you can display your coins holdered with this label. Go to NGC Registry | Custom Sets (collectors-society.com). (Custom sets are nevertheless eligible for certain awards.)

There is a competitive Silver Eagle set that has slots for certain "special pedigrees" pieces whose labels indicate that they were acquired at certain major coin conventions. Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State, Specimen, & Proof (Including Varieties & Special Pedigrees) Sets | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com).   I doubt that NGC would have such sets for novelty labels like yours that have nothing to do with the coin in the holder.

:(  why?  have you heard of my new label series...  its called JT has your label just send me your coin and i will send you a label..........................  I was getting ready to purchase a coin one time and this guy said well it is such and such because it has a special label.  i told him that those done mean !@# to me i just would like the coin..... he sold it to me for a lesser price just because i told him that that stupid label doesn't mean butkis