• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost shippment-No NGC response
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Order shipped from NGC on or about 6/29/23. I sent email to NGC on 7/12/23 to report lost shipment. Received confirmation EMail. They said 30-60 business days on 8/14/23. Requested updates on 9/4/23 and 9/10/23 no response.  What goes? Submission 2900488 dated 4/28/23   Anyone else having problems getting payment for lost shipments?

• Administrator

Hello @Gary4715, thank you for contacting us. I see that this claim was most recently updated on 10/02/23 by our claims team and they should be reaching out to you shortly with the results of the shipping claim. I will send them a message to ensure they reply to your most recent email.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello @Gary4715, the process to file a shipping claim can take several weeks - usually about 3-4 months on average for the claim to be actually approved with FedEx. At that point, our claims department will reach out to you with the results of the claim with FedEx. We're really sorry this process takes so long, unfortunately, we're at the mercy of FedEx and their underwriters to do their own investigation to approve the claim. I would say if you don't hear anything by the mid-November, please email us directly and we will check into this for you.

Thank you in advance for your patience, we understand this is a long time to wait.

In the meantime, please let us know if you need anything else.

• Administrator

Hello @Gary4715

Your claim is still open and in process. It appears that it should be resolved soon. I have asked our Claims representative to reach out to you with a status update. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Finally got a check today for value of coins only!!!   What happened to the $110 it cost me to grade them?  Coins sent in on 4/28/23 and just received a check today 12/19/23!!!  Not the best service!! 

You paid to have the coins grade. Thus you got a refund for the value of the graded coins. Why would you get a refund for the grading? If they had not been graded, you would not of gotten a refund at the graded amount.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:36 AM, aa0154 said:

You paid to have the coins grade. Thus you got a refund for the value of the graded coins. Why would you get a refund for the grading? If they had not been graded, you would not of gotten a refund at the graded amount.

Sorry your response makes no sense. The amount listed on the submission form is for the value of the submitted coins. I deal in high value coins and until they are given a grade, no one can accurately assess their value. I might send in an 1804 50 cents coin I paid $1,000 for and if it is graded MS 64, it might be valued at $5,000. So I send in coins valued at $500, am charged $110 for grading, and they are lost by FedX, and after 6 months NGC refunds the value listed on the form. Just hope you or anyone else on this chat board does not have to endure this scenario.

Edited by Mactanboy