• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent change finds

6 posts in this topic

Didn't think I would find a red wheat penny in circulation they are almost always brown or really messed up..atleast where I live. The second one was the next best I have found in circulation. Just shows they can be out there ;)

1964 D Roosevelt to add with the other 250+ I have found in circulation. Keep em coming :)

The 58 (P) would have shocked me to find in change as well. I agree that basically all LWC's I find in change are worn and brown or black. The other two are more typical of change finds. Nice find on the P!

On 10/8/2023 at 4:57 PM, EagleRJO said:

Yea, the 1958 cent is a pretty good change find considering it's been in circulation for more than half a century.  ;)

INTERMISSION

Drawing on my fifty (50) years of fine, distinguished service in a multiplicity of decidedly non-numismatic experiences whatsoever, I should like to direct the attention of the devoted reader to the fact that member Hoghead515's area of expertise was limited to the flight characteristics and patterns of PMD as it relates to dryers.  The coin, as hereinabove displayed, exhibits damage of a different sort: prolonged, intermittent, or continual subjection to forces, centripetal vs centrifugal better explained by minds far greater than mine. Proof? Why one only has to perceive the distinct concave surface of the coin's reverse which, whatever the reason -- adhesives or fluctuations in temperatures gone wild -- resulted in the features as prominently displayed thereon.