• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 2

11 posts in this topic

Start a junk coin collection for your own amusement. I just started my junk collection with this "moon" cent that I got in change and have added a few ragged dimes. Anybody else have a junk coin collection?

20231004_221814.jpg

20231004_221913.jpg

Mondo Moon money man! - This is an artistic interpretation embedded within this Buffalo NICKel.  Somebody got creatively angry with a very small chisel.  It actually looks kinda neat in hand, but the scans diminish the overall look.  I can't find the coin tonight, but I see about a better picture of it.  

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I try to put the damaged stuff back into circulation. I cannot help but look at them and picture in my head the nice coin ejected from the press that it once was and feel bad about how it has been mistreated. Yea, I'm weird like that.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:36 PM, powermad5000 said:

I try to put the damaged stuff back into circulation. I cannot help but look at them and picture in my head the nice coin ejected from the press that it once was and feel bad about how it has been mistreated. Yea, I'm weird like that.

No, not weird. Before I got that moon cent, I returned them them back to my bank in rolls. What makes me feel bad is finding a coin that is perfect on one side and flip it over and there are nicks and scratches. I'm sure every coin collector has that happen. I got some change today but none were worthy of my junk jar. 

Edited by Modwriter
Typo