• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC 7K company slab
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Here you go this is what I could find for you on the NGC FAQ's:

NGC has a wide variety of labels available to all submitters. Some special labels are used automatically for certain coins for no additional fee, while others must be requested (and may require an additional fee). Visit the NGC Labels resource and look for labels that are marked "Available for All Submitters."

Elite NGC Collector members and NGC Authorized Dealers have access to additional labels for bulk submissions. These labels are marked "Available for Bulk Submissions" in the NGC Labels resource.

Other NGC labels may only be available from select retailers. These labels are marked "Available from Select Retailers," "Available from [Name of Dealer]" or are not listed on the NGC Labels resource.

Hope this help's in some way!

Happy Hunting ~ TheColoradoNumismatist

On 9/10/2023 at 8:06 PM, Silverjaxx said:

Hi..yes I can thank you for your help..

Screenshot_20230910_230525_Chrome.jpg

Thank you, that is a special label done for a bulk submitter or possibly one of the bulk marketers, I do not know if NGC would still have any of those labels left on a shelf somewhere, but I rather doubt it.   And I'm quite sure that you cannot request that specific label, only that specific bulk submitter could do so.   I do not work for NGC so my reply is biased on my understanding of how the bulk submission program and special labels work.   My suggestion is that you contact the NGC customer service department and speak directly with a CS representative about this issue, be sure to have the cert number when you call as that will help the CS rep to fully answer your questions.

If keeping that label is important to you there are products that can be used to polish the plastic surfaces of slabs which can reduce or eliminate some scuffs or scratches, you could look into that avenue in the event that label is not available to you as a reholder.   It is also possible you could contact 7K, a google search shows this company is still in business.

Edited by Coinbuf

The coin could be "Reholdered" for a fee as described here: NGC Services and Fees | NGC (ngccoin.com). As suggested by @Coinbuf, you would have to contact NGC to find out whether the special label is available and on what terms.  

Unless the scratch interferes substantially with your view of the coin, I suggest leaving it in the original holder.

As for reholdering, since the coin is being removed from its original holder under which the NGC guarantee rests, does NGC regrade the coin upon the reholdering? If so, is there a chance the coin will not get the same grade in this process? Something to consider...