• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1913 China Manchurian 20 Cents
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm thinking high high high grade on this one, what do you all think? Very reflective under surface toning. Nice colour to reverse. Going to send it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcrYZGKg9A

Youtube video ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Edited by Tobias J Reily

On 8/29/2023 at 5:16 PM, RWB said:

Same date sold 2018 for $226 Stacks-Bowers. Not fully convinced it's authentic.

1mace.thumb.jpg.85489d5cc90b1df7358415b86a660f91.jpg

The coin RWB shows has a beaded rim, yours has denticles    

On 8/29/2023 at 8:14 PM, J P M said:

The coin RWB shows has a beaded rim, yours has denticles    

Wonder if they could have made 2 types? I remember when I was working on a set of British farthings, in 1860 there were 2 types. 1 had toothed beads and one had round beads. Never know, could be something like that going on with this date.  There may be some place @Tobias J Reily can research it and see. Make sure its not a counterfeit. Good eye at pointing that out @J P M

Interesting! Seems there were two types for the year. I've checked Heritage sales also that show the dot and the denticle types. Not sure why the two varieties existed, maybe a mistake in the die or they decided to change it half way through or something. Hopefully someone can enlighten. Coin weighs 5.2g exactly so its bang on for the weight and makes sense as I see no wear.