• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948-S 5c MS 65 5FS vs. 1950-D 5c MS 65 5FS

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering which is better out of the two. For whatever reason. Only thing I know is that the 1950-D is on the price guide for $55 1948-S is $35

I ordered a 1950-D MS 65 5FS but got sent a 1948-S 5c MS 65 5FS..my gut is telling me I should reach out..but I didn't know if it was worth sending back this is the first time I have had a mishap with a purchase. Thank you!

On 8/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, Sandon said:

If a dealer sent you a coin that was different from the one you ordered, you should notify the dealer of the mistake as soon as possible. The dealer should allow you to return the wrong coin at his expense and send you the correct one, or, if you are willing to keep the coin sent should credit you with part of the purchase price, as the coin you received is less valuable.

Thank you I was thinking so. I really appreciate it, hopefully it all works out thank you!

As @Sandonwrote I would contact the seller and inform them of the mix-up and see if they offer a remedy.   It's possible that dealer will offer to send you the coin you wanted at a slight discount for the hassle, this assumes that you want both coins.

Edited by Coinbuf

I would definitely alert the seller as to the situation. Many collectors buy a specific coin for a reason. Those in competing registry sets may need a vaer particular coin to fill a hole in the set. I do not participate in any registry's, but when I am set on either winning a specific coin in an auction, or making an outright purchase for a coin, I want the coin that I wanted. I do agree with @Sandon and @Coinbuf and if you are interested in and can afford both coins, then I would definitely try to work out a deal with the seller upon which I would just about basically demand a good discount for the troubles. If the seller you purchased it from is interested in providing outstanding customer service, then you should not even have to ask for a discount.