• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D penny
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The pictures are really too bury to tell for sure.  See the attached infographic from this thread to help you determine that they, and any future ones you find, are not the rainbow unicorn rare 1982-D small date bronze cents ... https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/430263-basic-resources-glossary-for-those-posting-questions/

Also, I'm not sure what you meant by "no mint date", and perhaps you meant no mint mark, which just means it was struck at the Philadelphia mint.  You can just say it's a 1982 Lincoln Cent, or 1982 (P) for clarity.  And for values see this NGC price guide ... https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/cents/100/

1982 Lincoln Cent Infographic.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

They all look like large dates to me from what I can tell. All the 82 d cents anyways. Cant tell about the Philadelphia mint cents. The only very valuable 82 cent is the 82 d small date copper. You would have an easier time finding a winning powerball ticket than finding one of those. 

Here's the dealio: If you have it, it's NOT the one you're looking for.

If you can't INSTANTLY tell a SD from a LD, you really shouldn't be looking for them. That's just reality.

Edited by VKurtB

Your photos are too far away for me to discern anything. If your post is leading down the rabbit hole of finding the third 1982 D small date Lincoln Cent struck on a leftover bronze planchet, the next thing that comes into play will be a scale that weighs grams to the hundredth decimal place which I could wait to win the Powerball that it will weigh 3.11g and not be the third bronze to be found.