• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keeping Company with Charmy
1 1

27 posts in this topic

There was never a question in my mind you would never be able to overcome the old adage, ".... and never the twain shall meet."  🤣

Speaking of thunderstorms, boy did a doozie come through last night at 2:20 am.

High winds making tall trees violently-sway way over, and then reverse direction, and lighting strikes too numerous to count, many right on top of the others, making for quite an event… with me collecting inside roof-dripping data to confront my roofing company from last year, when they come out on Tuesday.

On 8/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Is that Ben Franklin (blue coat) in the background?

It is. That's Pat McBride in Ben Franklin costume. There was also an Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. The Lincoln impersonator in still trying to get me hooked up with his agent as a "Robert R. Lee". Every time he passes me he calls me General Lee. I assume he's not referring to the car.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:23 PM, Reno Raines said:

The lady in the red jacket looks like she's having F.U.N lol

It's a "thing" about getting the jackets to render correctly, but they are brilliant orange. It is THE mark of a Board Member of Florida United Numismatists.

On 8/13/2023 at 4:59 PM, VKurtB said:

It is. That's Pat McBride in Ben Franklin costume. There was also an Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. The Lincoln impersonator in still trying to get me hooked up with his agent as a "Robert R. Lee". Every time he passes me he calls me General Lee. I assume he's not referring to the car.

We used to have a guy in our town that looked identical to Abe Lincoln. You couldnt tell them apart and could pass as twins. It was unreal how much they look alike. People used to joke how Abe was reincarnated and lived in Olive Hill now. lol They even nicknamed him Abe.  He would do town plays as Abe and dress up as Abe for the parades and things like that. Come to schools, etc.  Sadly he died several years ago. But he hasnt been forgotten. People still talk about him to this day. I wish I could have taken a picture of him but he passed back before everyone had phone cameras and I never packed a camera around. 

On 8/12/2023 at 11:59 AM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Charmy is definitely a cool dealer.  Hope you had a great time!

I work my butt off for the ANA at shows. It's a shame Roger wasn't there for his Numismatist of the Year award. I drove 1,400 miles round trip and I wasn't receiving an award.  I can learn more on numismatics at an ANA convention just running across random conversations than reading 100 websites.

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/13/2023 at 3:59 PM, VKurtB said:

For the record it is  Robert Edward Lee,  Robert E. Lee, in full Robert Edward Lee, (born January 19, 1807, Stratford Hall, Westmoreland county, Virginia, U.S.—died October 12, 1870,

Edited by rrantique

OMG!!!!!! An ANA error banquet ticket!?!? Alert the numismatic media!

IMG_0315.thumb.jpeg.82c8676270e751c3a3eef6980b2b639e.jpeg

On 8/14/2023 at 6:53 PM, VKurtB said:

OMG!!!!!! An ANA error banquet ticket!?!? Alert the numismatic media!

IMG_0315.thumb.jpeg.82c8676270e751c3a3eef6980b2b639e.jpeg

...close nuf for govt work....

On 8/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, zadok said:

...close nuf for govt work....

Printing errors coming out of the ANA are legion lately. The Summer Seminar Student Handbook, this banquet ticket, and the National Volunteer newsletter - all loaded with errors. There are only about 30 people at ANA HQ, and the ones with greater experience have been let go. Very young, very inexperienced people are what is left, below management level.

On 8/16/2023 at 6:00 PM, VKurtB said:

Printing errors coming out of the ANA are legion lately. The Summer Seminar Student Handbook, this banquet ticket, and the National Volunteer newsletter - all loaded with errors. There are only about 30 people at ANA HQ, and the ones with greater experience have been let go. Very young, very inexperienced people are what is left, below management level.

What? Autocorrect doesn’t correct substance errors? 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:29 PM, VKurtB said:

I work my butt off for the ANA at shows.... I drove 1,400 miles round trip and I wasn't receiving an award....

Betcha didn't know that's the near equivalent of driving from NYC to the end of the Florida Keys -- one way!  The Forum is not the same without an on-site correspondent. Wishing you all the best!

P.S.  Good thing you weren't tempted to pick up "Penny."  The last thing a convention of numismatists needs is a Punxsutawney feline debacle.  🤣

On 8/13/2023 at 4:59 PM, VKurtB said:

Is this Pat McBride.  Found in Charmy's 2022 Central States Coin Show Report.

image.thumb.png.38c08c1af788bd1e2ecfa378033d3126.png

On 8/13/2023 at 3:59 PM, VKurtB said:

Oh dear ghu, if you start running around in Daisy Dukes, the apocalypse is surely next week!

On 8/23/2023 at 10:34 PM, bstrauss3 said:

Oh dear ghu, if you start running around in Daisy Dukes, the apocalypse is surely next week!

...if hes uncle jesse he just mite get away with it but if boss hogg ur rite its all over...the sensibilities can tolerate just so much....