• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011 penny VDBV error/variety
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Didn't want to push this issue, but is this VDBV error/variety only applies to the 2023 penny. Can these be found on other dates as well. I know alot people aren't into modern coin's, but thought I would ask. Thanks 

20230808_184015.jpg

20230808_190633.jpg

20230808_181021.jpg

Your right it's only for the 2023 cent, but since it's the latest YT craze you will see home brewed versions like that one with the wrong font and extra v in the wrong location popping up all over the place now.

Errors - 2023 1C Extra V Article.png

Be aware that this is not an error. If it becomes widely accepted it will be attributed as a variety, not an error. I am only aware of this on the 2023, but what I expect to see come across the forum now is a bunch of Shield Cents with an incuse V on many different years by people trying to get out the awl and scratch a V into a random year cent and start claiming they have "found" another VDB/V cent.