• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency Production ASE’s
1 1

96 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2023 at 8:04 AM, Stackerdude21 said:

When minted in Philly they were wrapped and marked and put in specially marked “Monster” boxes and shipped to their respective “preferred” mint customers.  From there, they were graded and encapsulated to be sold on the secondary market. 

How were the monster boxes specially marked? Did they have an E.P. sticker on them? My understanding was that all monster boxes are serialized and that if the serial number on the monster box matched the range of numbers shipped from Philly that identified the production facility. I don't know how the serial numbers are identified as being from Philly, maybe that facility has a unique serial code starting with a specific four digit identifier, maybe the serial #'s always start with "P"? (shrug) I believe this is what is done every year and how the (S), (P), & (W) coins are identified. I would think an unopened monster box with corroborating serial number would be the ultimate collectable for this type. 

The 2020 (P) “E.P.” is a “Unique Identifier” Coin. It is a 1 year issue only and of that year 240,000 coins were struck indented to be “Homogenous,” bullion coins without mint marks in Philly. There are also Roosevelt dimes without a mint mark so this DOES happen. Now we know that the bullion coins are all stuck at (W) and the proofs in their respective Mints along with the M/S coins struck elsewhere. So stock up!

On 8/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, Stackerdude21 said:

The 2020 (P) “E.P.” is a “Unique Identifier” Coin. It is a 1 year issue only and of that year 240,000 coins were struck indented to be “Homogenous,” bullion coins without mint marks in Philly. There are also Roosevelt dimes without a mint mark so this DOES happen. Now we know that the bullion coins are all stuck at (W) and the proofs in their respective Mints along with the M/S coins struck elsewhere. So stock up!

Well stocking up should not be that hard. I just checked past hammer sales on the 2020 and 2021 EP coins from Philly and San Fran and the highest price was $53 but most were in the $40's range .

Edited by J P M

Tony, 

I was born at night, but not last night.  I don’t come on the Chatboard to pick fights and attack people.  I have spent too many years in the courtrooms of one particular State, and yes it is a “Republic,” but not Texas, to learn how to “Stand my Ground.”  So, I am not intimidated by anyone especially two former State Attorney Generals who both ran from my legal challenges years ago.

I only sought an answer to a question. That is all.  

Peace & Blessing be upon thee and thy House.

-Stack.

On 8/6/2023 at 7:09 PM, Stackerdude21 said:

Tony, 

I was born at night, but not last night.  I don’t come on the Chatboard to pick fights and attack people.  I have spent too many years in the courtrooms of one particular State, and yes it is a “Republic,” but not Texas, to learn how to “Stand my Ground.”  So, I am not intimidated by anyone especially two former State Attorney Generals who both ran from my legal challenges years ago.

I only sought an answer to a question. That is all.  

Peace & Blessing be upon thee and thy House.

-Stack.

I'm not mad or even upset with you. All I'm saying is don't depend solely on the NGC price guide as it's not routinely updated based on current market conditions plus all the information contained is merely voluntary not manitory.

On 8/6/2023 at 5:58 PM, Tony Follis said:

I have reported the user Vendetta50 on the grounds of attacting other users for no reason whatsoever.

I reported that user and blocked him when he first appeared on the forum and insulted everyone on here. NGC should ban him from the platform as his commentary does not expand the knowledge and benefit of users on here whatsoever.

On 8/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, powermad5000 said:

I reported that user and blocked him when he first appeared on the forum and insulted everyone on here. NGC should ban him from the platform as his commentary does not expand the knowledge and benefit of users on here whatsoever.

I completely agree with you powermad5000.

On 8/6/2023 at 9:13 PM, Vendetta50 said:

Pay that clown no mind. Lives in Moms house, Truth! 
Falling down STEP above a shed. Easily verifiable,

But clowns like that come on net to play earthly tough guy. Nothing but warped decrepit clowns. 
NGC should ban them for continually attempting to lure people to not get coins graded or insinuating their price approximation is bogus. 
No money in COINS?  Lmfao.  They're amateurs, plenty of $$. 

If you're comparing the liquidity of the coin market to the liquidity of the real estate, stock and bond markets you'll see that there's every little liquidity in the coin market. Thus your theory of "There's plenty of money to be made in the coin market" is clearly a boldface lie as the coin market is unregulated and can and will dry up without any kind of warning sign. Always remember when it comes to gold and silver coins their value is somewhat tied to the price of spot so you'd be lucky to get maybe 3 - 5 percent of spot for your coins from a dealer.

On 8/7/2023 at 1:23 AM, Stackerdude21 said:

Why would you sell to a dealer? That’s like going to a Pawn Broker.

Why some people do things they do I'll never understand. For example, there were people buying stock in Ford Motor Company (NYSE ticker: F) at nearly $15.00 a share about a month ago. Since that time the stock price has declined to a little over $12.00 a share. 

FULL DISCLOSURE: I own stock in F and my P/S is $9.00. I only bought that stock for the dividend not as a long term investment. My quarterly dividend payments are $30,000.00. My next quarterly dividend payment is due on 9 / 1 / 2023.

On 8/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, Just Bob said:

@JKK

How is the weather in Beaverton?

Fine, thanks, not as hot today as recently. How's the summer in Hattiesburg?

On 8/7/2023 at 9:13 PM, JKK said:

Fine, thanks, not as hot today as recently. How's the summer in Hattiesburg?

Upper 90s and low 100s. Humid and hot, as usual. I'm not looking forward to this month's power bill.

On 8/7/2023 at 7:22 PM, Just Bob said:

Upper 90s and low 100s. Humid and hot, as usual. I'm not looking forward to this month's power bill.

I bet. One can only imagine what it was like there before the advent of a/c.

@JKK and @Just Bob - I <3 the civil discourse.  I appreciate you staying above the mud line (just as you always do)!

The rest if this messy thread just makes it easier to put people on the ignore list. [Done!  and with two more trouble makers gone - my world is a better place.]

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

I am no longer seeing the bar that I have blocked posts from Vendetta50. Seems the mods have finally stepped in. Thankfully. Now we can all get back to some peaceful and decent and respectful discussions.

On 8/8/2023 at 11:36 PM, powermad5000 said:

I am no longer seeing the bar that I have blocked posts from Vendetta50. Seems the mods have finally stepped in. Thankfully. Now we can all get back to some peaceful and decent and respectful discussions.

Good riddance to bad news.

On 8/8/2023 at 11:20 PM, Tony Follis said:

Good riddance to bad news.

Don't be surprised if you see him come back and post under a different name. I don't think this was the first time he has been kicked off this forum. 

On 8/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, Just Bob said:

Don't be surprised if you see him come back and post under a different name. I don't think this was the first time he has been kicked off this forum. 

Oh really? Maybe the moderators need to block his IP address from even accessing this site. My biggest concern through is he knew my middle name and the name of my deceased younger brother without me ever posting that information.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:27 PM, Just Bob said:

Be that as it may, I can attest to the fact that Mississippi pear butter is excellent on cornbread. Thanks again. And for the record, I'm not sure how it would be possible to put too many cloves in it. Cloves = deliciousness.

On 8/9/2023 at 1:42 AM, Tony Follis said:

Oh really? Maybe the moderators need to block his IP address from even accessing this site. My biggest concern through is he knew my middle name and the name of my deceased younger brother without me ever posting that information.

How much info they could find doesn't seem like anything unusual or worrisome since they knew you full name and location from your profile.  It's really amazing what kind of information is available on the web for people from simple searches if you know that.

If you are worried use a nickname or handle besides your full name, and a more general location.  And if anything was unusual it was how long it took them to get booted.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:52 AM, JKK said:

Be that as it may, I can attest to the fact that Mississippi pear butter is excellent on cornbread. Thanks again. And for the record, I'm not sure how it would be possible to put too many cloves in it. Cloves = deliciousness.

I am glad you enjoy it. I usually make apple butter every year, but I had a lot of pears, so I thought I would give it a try. (I tried pear chutney, too, but it got mixed reviews.) Unfortunately, I won't be making any this year, due to a late hard freeze that lasted several days. Killed all of my plums, wiped out the blossoms on my pears and blueberries, damaged my figs and peaches. No huckleberries, either. I am hoping to gather enough wild elderberries to make some jelly, though. It takes a half gallon of fruit to make a batch, so I will have to visit several patches. I need to make some more pepper relish, too. I am almost out. If I do, I will be sure to bring some on my next trip out your way. 

By the way, there is a coin I would like to get your advice on, if you don't mind. I will shoot you a PM soon and give you the story on it.

Edited by Just Bob