• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Vareity or different elements ??
1 1

77 posts in this topic

Once I also had a lot of it but if it was melted down and the copper was taken the money was not bad, but if the legacy from my former home in the village was called GARUT CITY, West Java and once the comedy star Carli Caplin came to this city, this city has many relics of people's lodge buildings Jews and Freemasons or Illuminati, try to search on Google, there is a book entitled "GARUT KOTA ILLUMINATI" Yes, that's right, the village where I live now also has many houses left by Dutch Jews, so it's not strange if there are relics from my parents stored in old cupboard drawers that are still sturdy several US coins and other world coins that I kept including 1961 D cents as well as others and some Heritage coins lost somewhere like one 1894 Dime and one 1793 dollar until now still looking for it, I don't know if I forgot me when I took it take me keep it in clothes or throw them into the river. 

Im still trying to figure out what you  mean by smaller. Do you  think the whole coin itself is smaller? Or the devices on the coin smaller? 

On 7/31/2023 at 7:49 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Im still trying to figure out what you  mean by smaller. Do you  think the whole coin itself is smaller? Or the devices on the coin smaller? 

He means the devices.

Entirely of coin circles and of all the numbers and letters on the OBVERSE  and REVERSE  are smaller than 1961 regular

Once I also had a lot of it but if it was melted down and the copper was taken the money was not bad, but if the legacy from my former home in the village was called GARUT CITY, West Java and once the comedy star Carli Caplin came to this city, this city has many relics of people's lodge buildings Jews and Freemasons or Illuminati, try to search on Google, there is a book entitled "GARUT KOTA ILLUMINATI" Yes, that's right, the village where I live now also has many houses left by Dutch Jews, so it's not strange if there are relics from my parents stored in old cupboard drawers that are still sturdy several US coins and other world coins that I kept including 1961 D cents as well as others and some Heritage coins lost somewhere like one 1894 Dime and one 1793 dollar until now still looking for it, I don't know if I forgot me when I took it take me keep it in clothes or throw them into the river. 

no.
This is real, definite, accurate, it is clear that the coin is small and very different from the normal Lincoln 1961.

On 7/31/2023 at 1:43 AM, Abdulah said:

16907857288085287077843911029326.jpg

The 1919 is a fairly nice coin, but unbelievably common. I like the way the legends are all well off the rim. The various colors add interest IF they are not active corrosion.

On 7/31/2023 at 2:34 AM, Abdulah said:

I just found out that there is a 1961 D BN Lincoln cent coin smaller than the others

I am curious where you are getting this information as it's not correct.

There are only 3 known varieties for a 1961 Lincoln cent that can be found on NGC VarietyPlus (attached), which does not include a smaller one.

1961 Cent NGC Varieties.jpg

That's right, I totally agree, and I have seen and read examples of the variety of images, also kept them in files, as learning materials, and numismatic education, but I'm confused why there is a Lincoln Cent in my collection, sorry, why is it different? it doesn't make sense, that's what confuses me, was this Lincoln 1961 D the first to be printed with two Masters? , once again I do not mean to precede or patronize the commentators here , And I really respect all of them and I believe they are experienced about history and various types of Vareity especially US Coin.

Not devices.
I don't have equipment like that, all I have is a set of microscope lenses and loupe, this is the equipment that has helped me to identify coins.20230731_214539416.thumb.jpg.17cee4000dfb8f7aa2b3d95309c82e94.jpg

no.
This is real, definite, accurate, it is clear that the coin is small and very different from the normal Lincoln 1961.

That's right, I totally agree, and I have seen and read examples of the variety of images, also kept them in files, as learning materials, and numismatic education, but I'm confused why there is a Lincoln Cent in my collection, sorry, why is it different? it doesn't make sense, that's what confuses me, was this Lincoln 1961 D the first to be printed with two Masters? , once again I do not mean to precede or patronize the commentators here , And I really respect all of them and I believe they are experienced about history and various types of Vareity especially US Coin.

Not devices.
I don't have equipment like that, all I have is a set of microscope lenses and loupe, this is the equipment that has helped me to identify coins.20230731_214539416.thumb.jpg.17cee4000dfb8f7aa2b3d95309c82e94.jpg

no.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:51 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

let exuberance and misinformation lead you to faulty conclusions.

It's the official disease of beginner U.S. collectors - exuberance and misinformation.

Hello coin valuation experts who are here ,,,,
I want to ask, that's a picture of a 1961D coin with a red arrow and please look at it calmly and carefully, I'm very confused and I think this doesn't make sense, why are there coins that are smaller than normal? ??????

20230730_081552955.jpg

20230730_081914242.jpg

On 8/1/2023 at 11:04 AM, Abdulah said:

what if there were two masterhubs initially made? 

There were two made in 1960, but not in 1961. 

could there have been an element of experimentation or deliberateness at that time or a different element etc ... in 1961D or just ask the Denver Mint?

In your previous posts on both this and your other topic about the same coin ("New VARIETY"), you stated at various points that the one 1961-D cent was "smaller", had "been struck with small dies" or (in the title of this topic) might have "different elements". These different words have completely different meanings.  I couldn't see any meaningful difference from your earlier photos (including those showing the "normal" and "small" pieces side by side) and asked you to clarify what you meant. You did not do so. I assumed that you thought that the devices (such as Lincoln's bust) and the lettering were slightly smaller on the one coin and on your other topic gave a conjectural explanation that this had to do with the gradual deterioration of the obverse master die, which had been in use since 1919. 

In your newest photos, it initially appeared that the third coin might be slightly smaller in diameter, but I then realized that it appeared so because it had been positioned lower than the other two coins. It appears to be the same size as the other coins, which should be approximately 19.05 mm at actual size, the specification for cents in effect from 1864 (bronze) up to now.  Any difference in diameter not caused by post-mint damage, such as metal being shaved from the edge of the coin, would relate to the size of the planchet (blank) on which the coin was struck and would have nothing to do with dies or hubs, so my previous conjecture would be irrelevant.

I'll ask one last time: Do you mean by "smaller" that the coin is smaller in diameter than other cents? If not, just what do you mean?    

Thank you Sandon for taking the time on this. So, a few days ago, I first started with this post entitled NEW  VARIETIES?? Or different element 

what i mean is the words in the sentence basically i asked?? is this coin a new variety and is it a different element?? so basically I'm asking ??

And to explain all of this and to show you clearly and accurately, can I send you a video of these coins, or can we just do a video call right away and from here I'll take a picture of the koi and show you the differences between all the coins, can you spare time for that?

Coins being inanimate objects that don't move on their own, a video wouldn't be helpful. The series of photos you just posted, which I assume are taken from the video, once again indicate no meaningful difference in size of the coin itself (diameter) or in the size or style of its design elements.  In each of the photos one coin appears to have been placed higher than the other.

You should find someone who possesses and knows how to use a micrometer caliper to determine the exact diameter of the coin, which should be approximately 19.05 millimeters, assuming that the edge of the coin hasn't been damaged. If this isn't possible, if the coin is in fact of an abnormally small diameter, it would fit too loosely or move around in a cent sized coin holder, coin tube, or coin album. There should also be an observable difference in size when you place the coin directly on top of another cent.

Based on everything I've seen so far, my answer is no, your coin isn't a new variety.  It's an ordinary circulated 1961-D Lincoln cent.   

for discussion, at first they all couldn't see the difference, but when they were really careful they found and saw difference . , that's why I posted on this forum and asked this forum, and the photo I just sent was indeed a screenshort video. also I will measure once again to the nearest dealer but only the dealer's pcgs are there, once again thank you Sandon and good luck

And now I can’t read your excessively large text in your post. It doesn’t’t fit in my browser. 

Can you measure again please?
take a look:
1. 1961
2. Mint Mark D
3. Liberty
4. In god we trust
5. Drawing of Lincoln
6. Tie
Distinguish between the 1961 D picture on the red arrow number 3 from above, with the other Lincoln cents, good luck.

20230803_071958365.jpg