• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Post More Updated Turn Around Times . . . .
1 1

12 posts in this topic

You have 3 coins of mine that I submitted via Standard and Gold service tiers.  You signed for them at the post office on July 6th.  It took a week to even reflect that in your shipping acceptance system.  They still have not been checked in to be graded, and shows that I have no submissions with you.  Today is July 21st.  On your website your turn around times state 10 days for Standard and 5 Days for Gold.  Please fix this disconnect.  It's not a true reflection of your status, and it feels disingenuous every time this occurs.

• Administrator

Hello @Benjamin88

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your feedback on turnaround times. I will be happy to share it with our management team. I also have good news! I have pulled your submissions, and they are nearly complete. Both submissions are in the encapsulation room. 

When we receive your submission, there will be a period when it will not appear on the tracking page. All packages received move into an intake process where the contents are inventoried and compared against the submission form as validation before moving forward into the grading process. Should any discrepancy be encountered with an item itself, a missing or extra item, or any other concern, our customer service team will reach out for clarification accordingly. Please note the intake process can take approximately 5 to 10 business days, and this period is accounted for when we estimate in the overall estimated turn-around time displayed at the point of the submission.

While we work to provide the most accurate estimates possible with weekly updates (in business days,) timeframes for individual submissions can vary. Our posted timeframes are not guaranteed.

if you have any other questions, please let us know 

Benjamin,

I shared a similar post to you over this weekend.  Something is horribly wrong with NGC's turnaround time.  According to their own website, it is supposed to begin the day that the service delivers the package, NOT when the coins are logged in.  If it takes five days to grade and five days to log in, the turnaround time should be showing as ten days.  

NGC's customer service responds with "we want to make sure that the packages are correct" but ignores the very language that is posted about turnaround times on their site.

It would be an easy fix.  Just provide better information.  During periods when a glut of coins are received, such as during shows with take home grading, it would be totally reasonable to expect an increase in turn around time.

Instead, it appears that NGC stubbornly sticks to knowingly false turn around times.  If packages take five days to open from the day of delivery, it is not possible to have five day turnaround time...

My larger question is why mislead the public?

On 7/31/2023 at 8:10 PM, Fisk the Cat said:

Benjamin,

I shared a similar post to you over this weekend.  Something is horribly wrong with NGC's turnaround time.  According to their own website, it is supposed to begin the day that the service delivers the package, NOT when the coins are logged in.  If it takes five days to grade and five days to log in, the turnaround time should be showing as ten days.  

NGC's customer service responds with "we want to make sure that the packages are correct" but ignores the very language that is posted about turnaround times on their site.

It would be an easy fix.  Just provide better information.  During periods when a glut of coins are received, such as during shows with take home grading, it would be totally reasonable to expect an increase in turn around time.

Instead, it appears that NGC stubbornly sticks to knowingly false turn around times.  If packages take five days to open from the day of delivery, it is not possible to have five day turnaround time...

My larger question is why mislead the public?

It's incredibly annoying for companies to misrepresent timelines, when it's so easy to be honest, and people wouldn't think twice about it.  I'm happy CAC is coming into the grading fray. All we are asking for is the timelines to be honestly communicated.  Doesn't seem like much of an ask.

• Administrator

Hello @Benjamin88

I know collectors are eager to learn their coins' grades and have their encapsulation coins returned as quickly as possible, and I appreciate your concern. I will be happy to share your feedback with our management team. While we work hard to provide weekly updates and forecast the turnaround time as accurately as possible, actual timeframes may vary from these estimates. 

Thank you for reaching out to us today. 

On 8/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Benjamin88

I know collectors are eager to learn their coins' grades and have their encapsulation coins returned as quickly as possible, and I appreciate your concern. I will be happy to share your feedback with our management team. While we work hard to provide weekly updates and forecast the turnaround time as accurately as possible, actual timeframes may vary from these estimates. 

I think you misunderstand what I'm getting at.  I don't care how long it takes you guys to do your work, I just want an honest timeline.  None of us probably care how long you have our coins for as long as it's within the timeline that you have publicly communicated.  Where do you announce these weekly updates and forecasts, because I must not be going to the correct location if you are telling us what the updated time frames are?

On 8/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Benjamin88

Thank you for listening to our efforts to improved accuracy in turnaround times. I am a long-time collector, an elite member, and the author of a medal book used by NGC to certify foreign medals. I have certified more than 500 coins and medals with NGC and there are over 750 medals certified with my book's reference numbers.

I sent in 7 medals that arrived on June 14 per USPS tracking and my medals were logged into the NGC system on June 23. Submission guidelines for Standard (the old Early Bird $40 per item) is and has been 11-12 work days. I have seldom received my medals back within the stated time frame and I understand that things happen. I would be happy to get them back in 20-25 work days!

It has now been nearly 35 work days and I have two submission numbers that are categorized as grading/quality control and these medals were conserved. One of your customer service reps confirmed these grading/quality control medals are complete. The other 3 medals that were not conserved have not moved from scheduled for grading in nearly 7 weeks! The CS Agent was extremely courteous and helpful, but it is frustrating when the website says 11-12 days and turnaround takes 35-40+ workdays because the internal work organization does not talk to one another. Is this something the management team could improve? Thanks for listening.

• Administrator

Hello @Mactanboy

Improving turnaround times and communication of estimated turnaround times is one of the Operations team's current goals, and we are actively looking at processes to improve in this area.

That said, I want to share some information often overlooked when estimating a submission's turnaround time. When conserving coins with NCS, please remember to combine NCS turnaround times with NGC grading turnaround times and allow a few extra days for transfer time. In the case of a US Economy submission with Standard conservation, at present, the time would be 20 business days for grading and 20 business days for NCS conservation, for a total of 40 business days plus transfer time or about 8 to 9 weeks. 

If you need any additional help, please let us know. 

On 8/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Mactanboy

Improving turnaround times and communication of estimated turnaround times is one of the Operations team's current goals, and we are actively looking at processes to improve in this area.

That said, I want to share some information often overlooked when estimating a submission's turnaround time. When conserving coins with NCS, please remember to combine NCS turnaround times with NGC grading turnaround times and allow a few extra days for transfer time. In the case of a US Economy submission with Standard conservation, at present, the time would be 20 business days for grading and 20 business days for NCS conservation, for a total of 40 business days plus transfer time or about 8 to 9 weeks. 

If you need any additional help, please let us know. 

Nicki, I think you missed my point. I have submitted hundreds of items and fully understand the additional time attributed to conservation. The medals that were conserved are finished and are linked to the 3rd tracking number according to my talks with NGC Customer Service. The 3 medals NOT conserved are still sitting in "Scheduled for Grading." Nothing ships until this third group is graded and they have not moved since being logged in!