• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin values?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

1943 Wheat, wish it was COPPER, IT is not.

1943 Wheat, Bronze, Excellent, is it really worth 60,000?

I checked with a friend who is a coin dealer, it wasn't (Bronze) what I thought it was, but it did end up being worth a couple of thousand, I will make sure next time before I post.

thank you, 

Edited by Gerard.collector
Update

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, some pics would be great. The '43 bronze cent is a very rare and highly coveted coin, very unlikely that the coin you have is one of these rarities but you never know. If real a '43 bronze cent could be worth 60k or more, way more.

Welcome to the Forum.

You should really have posted this in the Newbie Coin Forum for maximum coverage.  
This forum is for questions unrelated to numismatics. I have asked for a mod to move it.

As far as your coin goes, a clear photo of both sides is required as their are countless numbers. 
of counterfeits out there. You can buy one of off one of the Chinese sites for a couple of dollars.

The OP states that his coin is NOT copper, so I assume that it is just a common, zinc coated steel 1943 cent, worth less than a dollar unless in uncirculated condition. I assume that he had heard of the extremely rare 1943 cents struck on leftover bronze blanks and wanted to know if they are valuable. 

On 7/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, Sandon said:

The OP states that his coin is NOT copper, so I assume that it is just a common, zinc coated steel 1943 cent, worth less than a dollar unless in uncirculated condition. I assume that he had heard of the extremely rare 1943 cents struck on leftover bronze blanks and wanted to know if they are valuable. 

While we're at it, I got some change from one of those snack/chocolate bar vending machines, and I am SURE that my change contained a 1913 Liberty Nickel.  I didn't look super-closely but as I emptied my pockets I'm pretty sure I saw "1913" and Lady Liberty.  I may need help getting it certified as I've never utilized the TPGs before, let me know if you or anybody else here might be able to help. :)

Also need a big suitcase -- like the one Ed Norton got for Ralph Kramden to handle the $40,000,000 he was gonna inherit -- for after the auction. (thumbsu