• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green bean not showing up in registry. Who can correct it?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I just entered a new purchase into my sets it fits in, and its green bean does not show up. You can enter the cert # on CAC's site and see that it has a green sticker. 

This was posted by Ali E on Monday.

"It has recently come to our attention that the NGC Registry program is no longer able to access the CAC verification site.

Therefore, we are unable to verify any newly added CAC coins nor award them any (additional) NGC Registry score points. We will post more information as it becomes available to us. Thank you for your patience."

On 6/28/2023 at 7:32 AM, AdamWL said:

Anyway, thanks for the info Mike.

No problem.

I think CAC may have upgraded or made some changes to their website or webpages recently, thought I read that somewhere, that may have something to do with it. Not sure if they are having the same problem ATS.

• Administrator
On 6/28/2023 at 7:32 AM, AdamWL said:

Huh... That's weird. I have no problem accessing it lol

Anyway, thanks for the info Mike.

Hello, Adam.

Yes, any individual can access their site to look up a coin. However, our program has an automated process that verifies without the need for manual, human intervention. This is the connection with CAC that has been severed. Again, we will post more information when it becomes available. Thanks very much.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:42 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Adam.

Yes, any individual can access their site to look up a coin. However, our program has an automated process that verifies without the need for manual, human intervention. This is the connection with CAC that has been severed. Again, we will post more information when it becomes available. Thanks very much.

I see. I was wondering if perhaps that was the case.

Thanks Ali.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:24 AM, AdamWL said:

I see. I was wondering if perhaps that was the case.

Thanks Ali.

From a reply to Steve's post on the PCGS forum this appears to be an issue with the PCGS registry as well.   I had initially thought this was just a simple issue of the recent domain change at CAC and it was just on the back burner as any entry level programmer could fix that type of issue very quickly.   Now I'm wondering if there is a bigger issue either on the CAC side of the fence or on this side.

For what it is worth I alerted Ali to this problem in early June, so it is not new.

Edited by Coinbuf

I haven't been around forums much lately. I tend to be like that when I go through a purchasing drought.

I imagine there's a lot going on in the coin world with the introduction of CACG though.

It’s clearly an anti-competition move by a company about to launch their own slabbing. My view? “When you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.” 

Edited by VKurtB