• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I accidentally purchased one of the original Beistle Unique Coin Holder album covers off of eBay a while back mislabeled as Wayte Raymond
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I believe the best people to consult would be those who are engaged in this activity, book preservation, actively on a professional bssis.

That means NARA, The Library of Congress and the New York Public Library for starters. The NYC's Municipal Archives which stores the city's earliest maps and documents--even the branch of the New York Public Library's (or the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office branch should be able to supply useful leads. Any person, society, institution or library, public or private, ought to be very helpful in this regard. They are charged with maintaining detailed maps of each of the five outer boroughs before they consolidated in 1898 (before the Brooklyn Bridge was built) to become the City of New York.  The introduction of coins complicates the matter somewhat but these are the people intimately involved in preserving historical objects of significance on a daily basis.   My feeling is they would be delighted to display their skills developed over time and experience.  Who knows, maybe your Eureka! moment will allow your better half to allow you to attend Orlando F.U.N. with her blessing.  🤣

Very nice, I look for old coin holders whenever I go hunting the shops. The nice ones are hard to find. Lots of broken bindings mostly.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:39 PM, Just Bob said:

It does appear to match the picture in your book. Does the book show any Wayte Raymond covers that look similar?

Cool pickup, regardless. (thumbsu

The book doesn’t show any other covers that look like this. It also says that the first thing Wayte Raymond did when he took over the distribution of the coin albums was to redesign the cover to a wrap around binder.