• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Premonition of Anthony dollar

3 posts in this topic

Not sure it was either because I don't think we know what design he had in mind, but I agree the concept is there. To this day @RWB, I question why the Treasury continues to make the $2 bill. Most cashiers are grudging to accept them (they have to as legal tender) but way back in the late 80's when I ran a cash register and had to balance my drawer, there was no column for listing how many $2 bills were in the till. And I had to list it on the side and in general it made acceptance of the balance sheet take longer with the manager. I am sure they had a purpose long ago, but in current times, I just don't see any practical use for the $2 bills. And no, I am not a hater of them....LOL! The scrap yard near here pays out all odd cash in $2 bills and they always give brand new crisp ones, so I just continue to keep them.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:07 PM, powermad5000 said:

Not sure it was either because I don't think we know what design he had in mind, but I agree the concept is there. To this day @RWB, I question why the Treasury continues to make the $2 bill. Most cashiers are grudging to accept them (they have to as legal tender) but way back in the late 80's when I ran a cash register and had to balance my drawer, there was no column for listing how many $2 bills were in the till. And I had to list it on the side and in general it made acceptance of the balance sheet take longer with the manager. I am sure they had a purpose long ago, but in current times, I just don't see any practical use for the $2 bills. And no, I am not a hater of them....LOL! The scrap yard near here pays out all odd cash in $2 bills and they always give brand new crisp ones, so I just continue to keep them.

That's funny..I actually like the 2 dollar bill and I try to find older ones but a bank here in my town used to about 10 years ago give 2 dollars bills from the atm... but they stopped it several years back