• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If PCGS graded this XF45 then mine is surely AU
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Forum!

I can see that mere minutes after joining as a member only half an hour ago, you've got it all figured out. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  May the Force be with you!

Edited by Henri Charriere
Clarification

Wish you luck … it doesn’t looks AU to me the first coin you showed in your post looks VF probably come back detailed for cleaned looking at field around the coin looks lighter shade of  color as if someone cleaned it … just saying  

I am dismayed by the lackluster response to your query.  It's been said, "past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results," but the truth is numismatics and the volatility of the precious metals markets, finer quality and supply of Chinese counterfeits, ordinary supply and demand of the market, and a slew of other variables, including the TPGS to which you will ultimately submit your prized possession to, makes any "informed" speculative observation, just that. While you have included a lot of extraneous information with your post, in the end it will be the call of the Chief Numismatist and Grading Finalizer that counts as well as your decision to seek a second opinion if you beg to disagree.

It's still early yet what with the Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer upon us.  There are some remarkably knowledgeable and experienced members here.  By all means, give them time to respond and hear them out. I myself am quite interested in what they may have to say. We all hope for the best. (thumbsu

Edited by Henri Charriere
Clarification

If you are looking for information of weather anyone thinks it is worthy you should post pictures of both sides of the coin and perhaps the weight and size also. If all of the pictures posted are of the same coin it looks like it has been cleaned up in between shots also? With that said I wish you luck

Edited by J P M

Don't forget a decent shot of the edge (not rim) for the rather vocal Chinese anti-counterfeit league members with lifetime memberships.