• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1878 7TF REV OF 79 Morgan
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1878 7TF REV OF 79 Morgan i want to send in for grading

Q: where on the form would I write that I want the 7TF REV OF 79 written on the label

this Q not related to 1st Q

Q: when it comes vartiesplus where do i list which vam i want recognized 

Edited by txboaz55

You might want to post these questions on the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum for the administrator's response.

I have filled the submission form out on my computer and used to insert variety information--whether or not a VarietyPlus fee is required--in the empty space after the boxes to be checked when VarietyPlus or Mint Error service is desired. (Don't check the box when no fee is required.) The most recent form I downloaded wouldn't allow me to enter anything in that space, so I entered abbreviated basic variety information, which in your case would be "1878 rev. 79" in the "Coin Date" column.  The type size adjusts to fit the box.  I'm not sure how you could enter a VAM or other die variety number but if I couldn't get input from NGC would write it by hand into the blank space in the "Variety or Mint Error" column.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I have never put additional information on my submission forms. If I submit a coin that I know is a listed variety in VarietyPlus, I just check the VarietyPlus box on that line (as well as the box at the top of the page for add on services). All of my variety coins came back fully labelled (whether description 78 rev. of 79, or specific VAM). The graders know what to look for when you check the boxes. @Sandon I have still checked the box when no fee is required and they didn't charge a fee (if it is listed in VarietyPlus as NO FEE) to make sure attention is paid to the coin on that line that I am looking for the specific variety to be listed on the label in the slab. You will only be charged a fee if it is listed in VarietyPlus and does not say NO FEE for the listed variety.

Basically if you send in an 1878 Morgan with VarietyPlus services check boxes checked off, the graders know all the varieties for that year, and are going to attribute the coin accordingly to which particular variety the coin you sent them actually is.  I have never listed the specific VAMs for the Morgans I have sent in and they all returned with the correct VAM I was seeking.