• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC price guide updates

2 posts in this topic

I'm curious if someone could share what goes into keeping NGCs price guide up to date?   On most issues I look up nowadays, it seems to be lagging behind the times.  PCGS values are sometimes double for same grades.    Looking at Morgans I find it interesting that some were last updated in 2019, some 2020, some in 2021 and then there will be a line where the prices got updated in 2023.  I'm surprised somebody doesn't go through the list of a popular coin like Morgan dollars and update all pricing for the series at least once a year.    If they're not getting updated what is getting updated?

• Administrator

Hello @Vess1, thank you for contacting us. The NGC US Coin Price Guide shows average dealer retail prices based on actual, documented transactions and other information reported by collectors, dealers and auction houses for NGC-certified coins. Unfortunately, if there isn't any report sales of a particular coin in recent times, then only the previous history data will be shown. Kindly keep in mind that NGC does not assign values on coins or collectibles.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!