• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post some of your Morgan Dollars
1 1

230 posts in this topic

I enjoy all the pictures...but it wouldn't hurt if some of you were to give an approximate purchase price and/or current FMV for the coins....and also what it might cost in 1 or 2 grades higher/lower or whever the "inflection" point is.

It adds some information to know if some of these MSDs are $50, $250, or 4-figures.  Or more !! (thumbsu 

On 11/10/2023 at 1:43 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

but it wouldn't hurt if some of you were to give an approximate purchase price

The only problem with that in my case is that I had a large number of nice Morgans that I acquired very early in my collecting years and have no idea this much time later where I even had gotten them much less what I paid for them. Once I submitted them, I learned I had some really nice ones. I did have one slab MS 65 that I acquired decades ago and it is another one that I don't remember where I got it or how much exactly I paid for it, other than I do remember I paid FMV for it back then as a slab and it was expensive for me at the time working a job making not much money. I also had purchased a $20 roll of them some years back and sent them all in. I wouldn't know how to issue an individual price for those but I do know it was a break even after grading and thankfully the roll wasn't a loser filled with all common low end Morgans.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:43 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I enjoy all the pictures...but it wouldn't hurt if some of you were to give an approximate purchase price and/or current FMV for the coins....and also what it might cost in 1 or 2 grades higher/lower or whever the "inflection" point is.

It adds some information to know if some of these MSDs are $50, $250, or 4-figures.  Or more !! (thumbsu 

If you can see the numbers on the slab you can look up the coin and get a price. It is normally a bit high but it will give you something to go by. I think my 1898 is $235 

On 11/10/2023 at 6:53 PM, J P M said:

If you can see the numbers on the slab you can look up the coin and get a price. It is normally a bit high but it will give you something to go by. I think my 1898 is $235 

If someone has a ballpark figure right off the top of their head, that's good enough for me.  That's all I am looking for.

I don't expect or want the posters to spend any time researching current prices -- quite frankly, I don't want to do it, either...unless it's for a coin that I am seriously curious about or interested in purchasing. (thumbsu

If it's at your fingertips, great, if not, no problemo ! 

I think I have two of these @Sandon. Both MS. I know for sure one is a 62, the other may be a 61 or a 63. When you have around a hundred or so Morgans, it is easy for me to forget what I have and don't have and sometimes I do tire of scrolling through my whole picture base (I keep a photo record of all slabbed obverses as well as keep a physical old school book, a Whitman Coin Catalog, of each and every coin I have and its grade.

I think yours may possibly be a little nicer than mine. At least in the cheek area.