• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post some of your Morgan Dollars
2 2

230 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2023 at 6:51 PM, Sandon said:

Although there aren't any Morgan dollar issues that can legitimately called "rare", the 1894 is certainly one of the scarcer ones. PCGS graded this one AU 55.

1894MorganDollarobv..jpeg.e1d7470f4fa5145e0114973f9ce3bc5c.jpeg

1894MorganDollarrev.jpg.ef5b03784bbf0cc6c5349335c5b66c06.jpg

Photos courtesy of Stacks Bowers Galleries.

Sandon that is a beautiful coin. I'm sure that cost you a pretty penny. I would say a coin like that will always hold its value. Very impressive.

On 5/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, Sandon said:

Although there aren't any Morgan dollar issues that can legitimately called "rare", the 1894 is certainly one of the scarcer ones. PCGS graded this one AU 55.

1894MorganDollarobv..jpeg.e1d7470f4fa5145e0114973f9ce3bc5c.jpeg

1894MorganDollarrev.jpg.ef5b03784bbf0cc6c5349335c5b66c06.jpg

Photos courtesy of Stacks Bowers Galleries.

Is this coin part of your collection, or a borrowed photo?

On 5/15/2023 at 8:43 PM, R__Rash said:

Is this coin part of your collection, or a borrowed photo?

I only post photos of coins that I own.  I acquired the 1894 Morgan dollar at a 2017 Stacks Bowers auction.  You can see photos and descriptions of my NGC and PCGS certified coins on the NGC Registry at Sandon's Competitive Sets | NGC (ngccoin.com).

On 5/15/2023 at 6:53 PM, Sandon said:

I only post photos of coins that I own.  I acquired the 1894 Morgan dollar at a 2017 Stacks Bowers auction.  You can see photos and descriptions of my NGC and PCGS certified coins on the NGC Registry at Sandon's Competitive Sets | NGC (ngccoin.com).

Perfect, it just appears to be an enhanced photo, maybe you could share an “at hand” photo just for the sharing factor.?

Edited by R__Rash
Spell

The OP’s request was to post Your Morgan’s is why with the Stacks And Bowers credit I asked if it was yours.

My post was taken today with the IPad while the wife was making her world famous apple Jack D bbq sauce for the racks of ribs on the same counter.  
Have a good night.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, R__Rash said:

The OP’s request was to post Your Morgan’s is why with the Stacks And Bowers credit I asked if it was yours....

With texting, the proliferation of sound bites and Twitter, it is reassuring to see a number of collectors, mostly senior veterans who are sticklers for propriety, providing photo credits, footnotes, references and cross-references. That is professionalism at its finest.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:32 PM, Henri Charriere said:

With texting, the proliferation of sound bites and Twitter, it is reassuring to see a number of collectors, mostly senior veterans who are sticklers for propriety, providing photo credits, footnotes, references and cross-references. That is professionalism at its finest.

By the same token the question is only relevant in seeking the professionalism professed ? 

I am a byproduct of only my own resources and profess to be no more than that. 

I appreciate this point of order.

Edited by R__Rash
Add

On 5/15/2023 at 10:41 PM, R__Rash said:

By the same token the question is only relevant in seeking the professionalism professed ? 
I am a byproduct of only my own resources and profess to be no more than that. 

The Gold Standard of Excellence is giving credit where credit is due as a matter of course whether required or not.  (I still remove my [hat] when entering elevators and hold doors open for ladies.)