• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Chat Board Rankings and Icons
1 1

5 posts in this topic

The new chat board rankings and related icons have generated much discussion in the topic linked below on the U.S., World, and Ancient Coins Forum. Can you explain how these rankings are determined and how a member progresses from one rank to the next? (A number of chat board "Seasoned Veterans" are now also ranked as "Newbie" or "Rookie".)  Additionally, there seems to be a consensus among the topic participants that the icons are too large and result in too much white space beneath each post.

• Administrator

Hello @Sandon, thank you for contacting us. I have passed on your comments about the icons being too big, causing a lot of space between each posts. I am not sure how the ranking system works myself, so I have reached out to the appropriate team to see if I can get more insight for you on this. I will reply back here when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

There has been no further response to this topic for the past six months, and it does not appear that any forum member's rank has changed during that time.  I suggest that either there be some rational system by which members can receive revised rankings or that the rankings and related icons be eliminated.

I posted this in the "Newbie" sub-forum but I think it's appropriate to also post it here.  I wanted to know why my forum banner says both "Seasoned Veteran" and "Newbie" which is an oxymoron and doesn't make any sense as well as being confusing.

And I agree that the forum banner layout creates a lot of space between posts which gets annoying.

RJO Forum Banner.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO